šŸ–¼ Reply to ā€œPictures and nothing elseā€ thread 2023

But if you say that for every build, then you will just end up with a bunch of ugly boards :weary:

I will admit that some of my ideas right now are probably way more involved than anyone else would ever bother to do. The main one right now is making some stencils so I can make any metal hardware have designs on them without loosing the strength given by enamel spray paint.

More text under here if anyone is bored and wants to read more details about it

Wouldnā€™t take that long but youā€™d either need to be skilled enough with cutting and making stencils already, or know how to make a computer aided design and get it laser cut. Iā€™d just do it by hand since there is no limit to detail that way and I donā€™t have any software to make files anyway. also my graphing tablet hates to work properly which makes it impossible to use when having two monitors since it wonā€™t map to just one section of one monitor

Also if the metal gets damaged it isnā€™t too sad since you can easily recreate the art at least a few times before the stencil is destroyed. Unless you use a thin plastic sheet that can hold up to harsh chemicals and you wash the paint off after using it.

That is a plan for future-future me though. I was considering doing a simple design on the new bracket I have arriving today but then I realized that the design would clash with the planned design for the bottom of the deck and the top of it possibly. Doing it on the top also gives very little room to even see the design.

Iā€™d also need to buy paint that will specifically work best on top of epoxy, and then Iā€™d have little to no use for the paint for any other parts

Is the deck hereā€¦

ā€¦a seat? ā€¦

ā€¦or something to stand on?

I believe this is the intended use:

4 Likes

Its a seat, wish i had something better

1 Like

Are those roofing shingles as grip tape pads?

2 Likes

Build looks dope dude

1 Like

Thank you, itā€™s insane how good it feels. Itā€™s really unfortunate that thereā€™s no other way to use 165 mm and smaller trucks but HUB motors. Hopefully another company uses ride unlimited loaded hub tech or makes something better

1 Like

@bboybowzer what happened?

1 Like

From my understanding from the new owner. Accident and it went full speed into the side of a wall at a velodrome :smiling_face_with_tear:

I donā€™t know why I find that so funny, itā€™s actually horrifying.
smiling as I say thatā€¦Iā€™m so ashamed

2 Likes

same here, i shouldnā€™t be laughing but here we r laughing our ass off :rofl:

1 Like

Thatā€™s badass!

You think it would propel you on a push board?

5 Likes

Thatā€™s some Richard Browning type shit right there

1 Like

Of course, itā€™s more than 12KG of thrust. Thatā€™s why I make those weird moves :rofl:

6 Likes

strap a few more on u, and u can fly

1 Like

You gotta try that thing on a snowboard now :smiley:

4 Likes

Oh, I just thought you were an incredibly awkward human or super weak.

2 Likes

absolute chad. how much that edf cost?

SchĆ¼beler DS 94 DIA HST is about 1400ā‚¬, but I got it cheap :grin:

1 Like

Actually those are not the only hubs that you can fit to any truck. Exway hubs fit all trucks with a little modification, a small slot needs to be cut into the hanger for a key. But itā€™s easy to do with a dremel. The thane is of course not as good as otang, but itā€™s not that bad either

1 Like