šŸ–¼ Reply to ā€œPictures and nothing elseā€ thread 2023

I think I finally understand tire sizing in esk8.

So the common sizes are 3.75" (200 x 50 and other variations) and to a lesser extent 4" (3.00-4) rims (usuall 9" or 10" wheels).

Apart from that, we have hoyt specific sizing, 3ds makes a rim for Tuovt 8.5" scooter tires, and Kaly XLR rims are for Kaabo Mantis 8" scooter tires.

2 Likes

I could be wrong, but I think he might be looking for a Lou board deck. Iā€™m not totally convinced yet, though.

2 Likes

To be fair, he did only ask on three different threads so there may be some confusionā€¦

Is it bad a part of me feels sorry for this guy? Hes so desperate for this one deck hes fallen in love with that he will spam anywhere and everywhere to get it.

Or maybe the alcohol has statted to kick in

1 Like

Are these the lanyu model?

i found a taobao listing that says 80/60-5 soā€¦plz send help :joy:

4 Likes

A PSA to anyone who wants their parts to be pretty colors: BUY ALUMINIUM SPECIFIC PRIMER!

It is hard or impossible to show the difference in photos, but holy shit did it make painting this adapter so much easier. None of my methods have changed and the only new thing is that I new that the aluminium stuff existed and took like 10 minutes to find it in store so I could use it and not the all purpose primer. It sprays on and dries with no surface issues so long as you donā€™t over spray.

I did intentionally over spray on the lattice bits to make sure it got into all the crevices. It only caused minor surface imperfections, which I sanded off. Once I put the enamel coat on you canā€™t even tell that the area was ever over sprayed. With the all purpose primer, even if I sanded the area down perfectly it would still cause very minor surface defects on the enamel paint.

The can claims that it will prevent chipping on aluminium as well which is good if it is true, but Iā€™d say it is worth the extra $2-3 per can just for how well it has done so far compared to my blue parts. Granted most defects on those you can only see if youā€™re looking closely at the parts, but it is still annoying for them to be there. The all purpose primer also feels softer than the al stuff does on metal. Not like soft/smooth but a less hard kind of soft.

I havenā€™t done any spray painting since those parts so I didnā€™t just get better at using the spray paint.

I wonā€™t be stripping my other parts and redoing them anytime soon, so hopefully in half a year or a few months I can have a good comparison on the performance of the two different primers. The two enamel paints I have are the same company and line of product so that wonā€™t affect the results. Although I know that any of the blue parts will likely have more coats of the enamel paint than the red parts just due to the red not having surface flaws thanks to the better primer.

2 Likes

Is your name on the trucks in case you loose them? It is giving me: ā€œmy mom wrote my name inside all my clothesā€ vibes :rofl: I donā€™t think there is anything wrong with it, and just thought it was funny

3 Likes

Link me! I wonder if itā€™s general range of diameter of inflation or something weird.

I must get to the bottom of this.

I could not blame him though, I looked for one for more than a year then I settled for the deck from Miles board (which I still plan to use someday)

1 Like

Itā€™s taobao, link is gonna be a bitch for u to view, I downloaded those pic for u

3 Likes

Does that mean Chinese inches (5 cun) or FUB (5")?

I was very unimaginative when I ordered them, so I just thought ā€œfuck it, just slap my name on themā€ :smiley:

1 Like

@glyphiks is pregnant???

:smiley:

Shhhh! He hasnā€™t told @BillGordon yet.

Iā€™m not sure what is better, having no ideas and getting to be able to ride it sooner, or having too many cool ideas. :thinking:

Iā€™m sure they were limited in what they could do for you though so all my ideas would have been useless

The former

Save the ideas for the next one

But if you say that for every build, then you will just end up with a bunch of ugly boards :weary:

I will admit that some of my ideas right now are probably way more involved than anyone else would ever bother to do. The main one right now is making some stencils so I can make any metal hardware have designs on them without loosing the strength given by enamel spray paint.

More text under here if anyone is bored and wants to read more details about it

Wouldnā€™t take that long but youā€™d either need to be skilled enough with cutting and making stencils already, or know how to make a computer aided design and get it laser cut. Iā€™d just do it by hand since there is no limit to detail that way and I donā€™t have any software to make files anyway. also my graphing tablet hates to work properly which makes it impossible to use when having two monitors since it wonā€™t map to just one section of one monitor

Also if the metal gets damaged it isnā€™t too sad since you can easily recreate the art at least a few times before the stencil is destroyed. Unless you use a thin plastic sheet that can hold up to harsh chemicals and you wash the paint off after using it.

That is a plan for future-future me though. I was considering doing a simple design on the new bracket I have arriving today but then I realized that the design would clash with the planned design for the bottom of the deck and the top of it possibly. Doing it on the top also gives very little room to even see the design.

Iā€™d also need to buy paint that will specifically work best on top of epoxy, and then Iā€™d have little to no use for the paint for any other parts

Is the deck hereā€¦

ā€¦a seat? ā€¦

ā€¦or something to stand on?

I believe this is the intended use:

4 Likes

Its a seat, wish i had something better

1 Like