šŸ–¼ Reply to ā€œPictures and nothing elseā€ thread 2023

The omens have been badā€¦ :eyes:
Shoes
FW update clusterfuck
Sell boards :sob:
Bicycle
Covid

3 Likes

I make tests like these for a living but better so Iā€™m just nitpicking.

Notice how the bottom side of the cassette shows a T (test) and a C (control) line but the top shows C, 2, and T. Some lateral flow tests target multiple analytes and use the 3 line method. Itā€™s dangerous to use one cassette casing for multiple test formats because someone can easily look at the wrong set of indicators and misinterpret results.

Brag moment: Yesterday, to my knowledge, I was the first person in the world to detect Covid 19 in equine species (horse specifically).

Ps Iā€™m expanding into the veterinary market and can always use real life samples. So if your dog has coronavirus, parvo, or canine flu; or your cat has Feline leukemia (FELV), Feline Pancreatic Lipase (FPL), or Feline immunodeficiency virus (FIV); or your horse has Coggins or coronavirus, hmu.

7 Likes

I noticed that the symbols were inconsistent but couldnā€™t attempt to read the result due to the image not wanting to load fully. Iā€™d probably be bothered by it if I made them too, but to me I just see it as a cost saving measure. The molds used to make plastic shells like that are insanely expensive so I donā€™t blame them for using them twice by having different legends so long as the instructions are clear.

If I was still in NC I could get you a FIV sample but I donā€™t have a good way to contact the person anymore :weary:

A while back my dog got a minor case of bordetella due to the vet not including the vaccine as a basic item in a yearly exam (past vets all counted it as the bare minimum care so I thought it was the same at the other vet) but sheā€™s good now and also vaccinated against it again so sheā€™s no help. Iā€™m guessing that when you say k9 flu that youā€™re talking about bordetella

If I am unlucky enough to get covid, and I am not in critical condition during it, I can promise to send you some samples from my dog. She sleeps with me under the blankets, like a human, so if Iā€™m not in the icu there is a chance she could get it too. The ICU is one of a few places where service dogs can legally be denied entry due to health concerns. She tolerates me doing basically anything to her so I could even get you samples that might be hard to get otherwise. Could even provide a swab from her eyes if that would help you :rofl:

2 Likes

Lol this is my other job

You and your pup stay healthy!

7 Likes

@Adstars - Oooh what are those big slicks? It looks like the 3.00 x 4 razor scooter tire, but I didnā€™t think that fit any rims we have.

Razor scooter Outer Tire (3.00-4) | eBay

Thatā€™s a lotta sidewall

2 Likes

@ShutterShock yep, lol, ordered a load of samples of various models and didnā€™t really pay attention when I did it.

Lol, not sure what Iā€™m going to do with them

Well, they would definitely be cushy haha, probably would not feel very responsive though

Make em beadlocks and run them at 20psi for offroading

1 Like

They will fit the 4inch rims, but just look stupid, might just do it for shits and giggles

3 Likes

I can help you out

Make shortboards

with 10cm of riser

:rofl:

1 Like

Just chuck a massive battery on it to match :sweat_smile:

Just to nit pick and enlighten a bitā€¦

I have only seen 2 notations of tires we use:

1. Tire diameter x width (ex. 200 x 50, Iā€™ve only seen it this way in metric)
  2. Tire wall height - hub diameter (ex. 3.00-4, Iā€™ve only seen it this way in imperial) This indicates a 10" tire because the tire wall height + hub diameter + tire wall height on the other side = 3+4+3 total diameter.

So if you see a hyphen then a number, itā€™s usually telling you the hub diameter. If itā€™s an X then a number, thatā€™s usually tire width.

2 Likes

Metric and FUB notation maybe? Have you ever seen the first way with FUB units, or the second way with metric units?

1 Like

Literally never and I was just about to add that note

2 Likes

I havenā€™t either. Hmm

I think I finally understand tire sizing in esk8.

So the common sizes are 3.75" (200 x 50 and other variations) and to a lesser extent 4" (3.00-4) rims (usuall 9" or 10" wheels).

Apart from that, we have hoyt specific sizing, 3ds makes a rim for Tuovt 8.5" scooter tires, and Kaly XLR rims are for Kaabo Mantis 8" scooter tires.

2 Likes

I could be wrong, but I think he might be looking for a Lou board deck. Iā€™m not totally convinced yet, though.

2 Likes

To be fair, he did only ask on three different threads so there may be some confusionā€¦

Is it bad a part of me feels sorry for this guy? Hes so desperate for this one deck hes fallen in love with that he will spam anywhere and everywhere to get it.

Or maybe the alcohol has statted to kick in

1 Like

Are these the lanyu model?

i found a taobao listing that says 80/60-5 soā€¦plz send help :joy:

4 Likes