🖼 Reply to “Pictures and nothing else” thread 2023

Please tell me those actually connect to Legos

5 Likes

Bahahahahha! That is actually exactly what my wife said when she saw it…”oh! It’s like a Lego!”

4 Likes

Sorry brother, but this thing runs on complete different software and I don’t think it is even the same Chipset. Also Metr features no Wifi and no USB to CAN.

As you said, learning to put down the shovel.

3 Likes

Also, what is this :star_struck: when will we see specs?

3 Likes
2 Likes

woah completely missed this post

2 Likes

Which is a shame, because they make quality stuff (bit expensive, but still)

1 Like

Unacceptable. Must read while hammered for full drama effect.

1 Like

Well my head is certainly hammering :sweat_smile:

1 Like

Took them (Lacroix) nearly 10 days to respond to a simple email asking about their most popular product.

Whereas the “soulless oversea company that needs Google translate to talk to you” responded within 2 hrs and in near perfect English. Bonus points- they even answered my question (to the point) right away, and offered support for something outside of their immediate product offerings.

10 Likes

based, but wrong.

my example:
MakerX, a company in china, has made my shortlist when it comes to good customer service, some of the best I’ve ever received. (plus their English is pretty good too)
I’ve only ever read bad things about Lacroix CS, along with Trampa CS and Kaly CS. seems us westerners have something to learn.

2 Likes

for 70 bucks a headlight they better be responding telepathically

edit: 80 dollar

2 Likes

they’re reselling headlights. I feel it better to judge them on the products they actually make.

Replace “Canada” with “Australia” and it sounds like an Evolve ad lol. They don’t need to put down other companies, their boards speak for themselves, and plenty of Chinese companies have gotten way better at CS and continue improving. Lacroixs are great but boards that cost more than a 2001 corolla are not going to draw new people in like cheaper Chinese boards.

4 Likes

Same thing is happening with the consumer 3D printer market. Now they (the Chinese companies) are leading the consumer sector on several fronts.

2 Likes

except evolve boards suck and don’t speak for themselves, and Lacroix boards are priced pretty fairly considering the specs.

1 Like

Yeah, absolutely, I was just talking about the text on the ad.

2 Likes

was it ever clear if they just lifted the unity design for the stormcore?

1 Like

*Looks at 7 Creality printers nervously

2 Likes