🖼 Reply to “Pictures and nothing else” thread 2023

Haha nah I just came to the conclusion that facebook offered me nothing of value, so fucked it off. Always happy to help tho dude!

4 Likes

I’m no stranger to gaskets :joy:

2 Likes

What’re those like solid blocks of rubber!?

6mm insertion rubber. I put 4 layers of it on the onsra to fit the double stack. I just cut up 1 piece gaskets and stacked them. The tomiboi is nice and square so it’ll be easy to use the strips.

Stuff is solid, doesn’t compress too much like foam and forms a good seal.

3 Likes

That looks familiar :wink:

1 Like

Will you also build an enclosure for it?
Looks amazing!

1 Like

Appreciate the positive feedback, here are some more pics from another test build for you to drool over :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

I love my battery packs on top although I’m sure way, way, way into the future there may be other options. Right now all energy is being focused on making a solid platform that’s a little different from what’s currently out there.

7 Likes

Double stack unsegmented is coming early in the new year.

2 Likes

You are my spiritual gasket brother

4 Likes

My $0.02: gaskets are not good, it means the enclosure you’re using isn’t ideal for the battery and deck you’re using. Poor interoperability of parts.

2 Likes

I cut into the bearing that I soaked in salt water to see what rusted

1 Like

2 Likes

Do y’all drill holes into your butly tape or try to offset it from the enclosure screws?

I personally

• roll the butyl tape into a rope with about 3-5mm diameter
    OR
  • buy butyl rope

and then route it such that it goes inside the boltholes. You don’t need any on the outer side of the bolt.

2 Likes

Ah ok I think I see what you mean, thanks.

1 Like

They don’t sound like actual reasons

1 Like

Mine has the same footprint/width as the enclosure and yeah all the bolts holes are drilled and bolted through it.

1 Like

holy fuckballs

What wheel is this?

1. Don’t even know where i lost it. My next mission is to find my chunk :rofl:
2 Likes

Did you ride through any gravel? I’d look there first.

1 Like