🖼 Reply to “Pictures and nothing else” thread 2023

What are the names of these connectors?

LCC30-M

1 Like

I should have known they were Amass by the puke yellow color :rofl:

1 Like

And because it says amass on them?

4 Likes

Stator is bolted to motormount, that’s usually a chunk of metal which usually is very good at conducting heat…

1 Like

Thats really cool, regular MR60s like to vribrate out of their sockets.

The ace of spade

the motor mounts are a constant. Wether or not there is epoxy on the stator does not have an appreciable effect on the heat dissipation due to the motor mounts

or am i misunderstanding your argument here? are you saying battle hardening the stator will improve thermal transfer to the motor mounts which will dissipate it? I thought you were saying epoxy coating the stator would improve thermal transfer to the air directly from the stator?

this is what I say

NO!

also windings in motors are pulled around slightly by magnetic fields, you can prevent that by potting them down, only benefits there are, except production cost ofc

ohhh OK! yeah i think we’re in agreement about that then. sorry for the misunderstanding, i didn’t mean to misrepresent what you were saying.

On a separate note, how do you think the epoxy will effect thermal transfer between the stator and the air circulating around it? I feel like this is also a significant source of cooling for BLDC outrunners like the ones we use? I feel like it would probably hurt it, and think that definitely counts as a downside.

We’re talking about sealed motors, there is no airflow

That’s a rather odd looking beer can. They made it look just like a coffee! Genius. You can bring that into work with you :ok_hand:

2 Likes

I know right. Quite a strange experience. Can safely say that sober riding is not my style. At all.

5 Likes

Is this glass fiber, carbon fiber, both, or something else?

What the heck is going on in that picture? That looks like the corner of a stormcore cut off and heat-shrinked :face_with_raised_eyebrow:

3 Likes

See LACROIX Stormcore ESC and iOS app info - #3539 by yoyotinker

None of that is the case.

1 Like

Thanks, just read through that. I’m still going to need another picture because I cannot visualize how that side of the stormcore is visible but then it just ends when the electrical tape starts :exploding_head:

Edit: okay I think I can vizualize it but damn does the stormcore just turn into darkness in your picture

2 Likes

Carbon fiber, fiberglass
VOILA
Late me know for more help

Why not glass-fiber and glass-fiber-dyed-black? Seems it would block RF less and might be more flexible and might be cheaper.

1 Like