šŸ–¼ Reply to ā€œPictures and nothing elseā€ thread 2023

4 Likes

Ben. Can you tell me about this place?
How far is it and how much to ride?

Itā€™s just under 2 hours from where I live. First heard about it when Evolve rented it and did a big weekend there. It was a great weekend. When I was there I bumped into a guy who does work for the centre who I did a winter season with years ago. I got hold of him recently and he introduced me to the owner.
Had a long chat with him. Turns out his 2 kids are high level motocross and supercross riders which I think drove the centre originally. Now he markets it as a multi use centre so people can do private hire of the place. Almost 100% electric usage now, he has a fleet of electric bikes and runs a lot of junior stuff to get kids into things at grass roots level.
We sorted out an afternoon of casual riding, there were 16 of us riding and we paid Ā£30 each. Then a tenner each for an amazing home cooked meal for after.
We are going to hopefully grow it and make it a regular thing, perhaps once a month and look to getting a bigger weekend event organised.

14 Likes

Thatā€™sā€¦
Incredibly fucking cool

4 Likes

Wow dude. This sounds killer.

2 Likes

Oh shit fuck cunt motherfucker :grimacing::grimacing::grimacing::grimacing::grimacing:

You ok?

9 Likes

1st board, 5th ride, 42 mph, first crash lol. A really nice smooth road and then some speed wobbles got me. Shit sucks but at least my wallet is the only thing in need of resuscitation.

I was geared up so Iā€™m pretty much fine. My wrist has that tiny scratch and my ass is a little bruised. My back also hurts from Carrying this monstrosity home. Moto jacket is unfortunately totaled I think. Might want to invest in some impact shorts.

Guess I know what the board feels like when Iā€™m on the verge of wobbling now.

Once I swap my motors out, I wonā€™t even be able to get past 40 any more, but I wonder how I should change my truckā€™s setup to prevent the us from happening again. Seems like mainly a skill issue though I guess.

Overall, that ride was still fantastic.

22 Likes

Sheeeit. Glad u ok dude :facepunch:

6 Likes

Geez thatā€™s a fast crash. Lucky no significant injury.

9 Likes

@b264 press is still a WIP, some things you dont like, ill take feedback!

The press looks amazing!

Itā€™s just the advertising on the photograph thatā€™s lame. Thatā€™s why I :-1:

4 Likes

In his defence, that watermark comes standard on all Xiaomi phones and its not the most obvious setting to disable. Shoutout to Xiaomi for cheap android phones, but shame on Xiaomi for using such a shitty ROM.

3 Likes

thatā€™s a lot of speed. glad you got out ok. could easily go worse.

less steer less wobble.
less slop less wobble.

itā€™s only partly skill. and no where near as much as the hubris of most skaters will tell ya.

:heart: :muscle:

7 Likes

I honestly have no idea how to disable it, i even looked for it :sob:

Also its a doggers phone with super intrusive software. 4/10 bc its old i guess.

:man_shrugging:t2:

5 Likes

Depends on the version of your MIUI, but searching for camera in general settings should get you to it.

1 Like

That did it, thanks, its gone now :+1:

2 Likes

Send nudes to prove it

4 Likes

one thing I found is that I was able to keep the board more stable above ~30 mph when i wasnā€™t accelerating hard (this board produces ~1/2 of the thrust the SRB boards make). While slowly gaining speed or coasting I could shift my weight farther forwards and fully focus on keeping the steering stable, but when was accelerating harder I ended up putting more weight in the back to not get thrown off balance and this made the board more wobbly. is there any technique to dealing with this or do the trucks just need to be setup differently?

From words given to me. from downhillers and other racersā€¦ more weight on the front helps prevent wobbles. Idk if iā€™ve felt that out for myself but I think i have naturally shifted more forward. in part because early esk8 joy riding i would always wear out my back leg because I think the thrust makes you naturally fall into weight on the back. you can still counter thrust with your weight more forward just angles change a bit.

whatā€™s the steering angle on your back truck? for 40mph+ you want it pretty dead.

2 Likes