šŸ–¼ Reply to ā€œPictures and nothing elseā€ thread 2023

Al with the W!

2 Likes

haha. i flipped the meaning of that constraint. so i carefully got it wrong. :smiley:

2 Likes

I thought about it, too bad the pi doesnā€™t want the same conditions as the human head( warming and cooling) and you would have to separate the systems.

I didnā€™t want a helmet wart hanging off to get damaged and taking one apart to mount inside probably would have been a nightmare if not impossible.

integrated stuff is way cooler than sticking stuff onto something and calling it good.

itā€™s more or less a cyberdeck at this point inside of a helmet. Raspberry Piā€™s can really do a lot these days.

I have one of those mini wireless keyboard/mouse pads for it. The weak point is the screen at this point I have to plug in a external monitor to view the desktop.

Maybe if augmented reality optics get better/more affordable I could integrate that but for now itā€™s either a docking station to interface or a small battery powered hdmi screen

2 Likes

I wouldnā€™t have got it without correcting your mistake :rofl: cunninghams law ftw!

3 Likes

FTFY

Whatā€™s going on here, what project is this?

Del-Rims

1 Like

Iā€™m using larger dia axles and bearings, so I needed to make my own hubs. Made some out of aluminum in the past but my machining wasnā€™t the best. So made these out of Delrin. I think they machined better but now I think I need to machine custom spacers and speed washersā€¦ they roll well but not perfect so still some stuff to figure out. Made them for the Hoyt St 7ā€ tires.

Delrin is POM

1 Like

Ever think it might be your choice in protective gear that results in your constant bleeding? I feel like a full face helmet or even helmet with a chin bar would be a better esk8 decision.

5 Likes

If youā€™re not bleeding, you werenā€™t having enough fun.

Full face helmets inhibit the flow of beer, and before you say it, drinking beer through a straw is not an option.

4 Likes

Not sure how much beer youā€™re getting through that respirator mask. But Iā€™m with you on the beer through a straw

4 Likes

Dont blame your lack of creativity on the helmet

2 Likes

It can be done with a hot dog. Itā€™s a glizzy.

Sir, I think u should give it a try

The problem isnā€™t so much the current flow, but rather that beer through any straw goes all bubbly for some reason :expressionless:

1 Like

Itā€™s because of the lower pressure needed at the top end in order to convince the beer to flow upwards. The lower pressure also coaxes out the delicious dissolved gases.

This might have enough space to shove a can into your face. Just need to tilt your head once inserted.

1 Like

This is why beer hats work but camelbaks donā€™t

1 Like

So what youā€™re really saying is we need a beer full faceā€¦