🖼 Reply to “Pictures and nothing else” thread 2023

I have pondered this. Having a thicker wall as the perimeter.
And then just bolting a flat lid to it.

I feel like I have seen it before

2 Likes

We need something like a tomiboy integrated deck but with the bottom being part of the deck and a lid. Like how CF decks are done but in wood.

When people overstuff those (because they will overstuff them) then it’s bad to be standing on the battery and pinching all the connections. Like the CarbonGT deck.

Exactly like this. I’m sure it’s been done but I wanna do it too :rofl:

2 Likes

Kami Jiuns does this but with flimsy rubber walls glues together

2 Likes

How to recharge cat? Instructions not clear.

Is that a camo enclosure?

It’s carbon fiber but I’m not sure what the weave is called. It definitely looks like camo. I bought it from a guy named Tim. Not sure if he’s on the forum or not.

2 Likes

Yeah the weave looks like a camo pattern which is pretty cool. We’ll have to take it around the block sometime. Definitely looks like it could fit more cells, any future plans?

1 Like

It could fit 12s for sure, but the 10s5p pack is good enough for a urethane build. Should be good for 25-30 miles, which I never plan to do on thane haha

I’d love to slap some pneumatics on it but the wheelbite would be an issue for sure.

4 Likes

What about that 5 inch Hoyt I know someone who’s selling :eyes: lol

1 Like

Tim is @whaddys

5 Likes

Oh that’s easy, you just place your cat outside, wait for it to successfully hunt small game, then you take your cat back inside. Voilà, fully charged cat. If you’re lucky you might even get a mouse or bird head for yourself. :smiley:

1 Like

More like… @whoddys

What are those wheels and how do they feel compared to standard thane? They look like they’d be softer and maybe have more grip :thinking:

1 Like

They’re prototype wheels… rubber outer, foam inner. Need to get this board complete to give them a good run for their money, but yeah, I totally expect a decrease in efficiency compared to thane and the small amount I have ridden them, they certainly feel a lot grippier than thane

1 Like

How do you think they’ll hold up to debris like broken glass or metal that would normally risk a flat tire? That is why I decided against tires despite liking everything else about them since my area has roads that look like they’d lead to a landfill everywhere:scream: :rofl:

1 Like

Do rocks hit your legs?

1 Like

I think they’ll be fine. From what i am told there is about 8mm of rubber on top of the high density foam. I dislike pneumatics for their fragility, so these are a welcome option for me.

@b264 it’s usually the other way round. My legs hit the rocks.

1 Like

They hit my legs but normally I don’t even notice it until later on I take a shower and find some new bruise that I don’t remember getting :rofl:

It sounds like the only the outer rubber would be damaged then which might not cause any issues or if it’s bad enough a tire patch kit could easily fix it.

If you ever need some testing done on them with roads that seemingly never get cleaned, then let me know and I’d be glad to intentionally drive them through some real world debris for you. I know plenty of areas that are always covered in a thin layer of glass and other car parts from people not understanding what yield means accidents :rofl:

1 Like