🖼 Reply to “Pictures and nothing else” thread 2023

That would work nicely :+1: i made exactly the same mistake on the first pcb kit i made too

4 Likes

Yep! Going in the basket of a tandem bike :joy:

2 Likes

deskpad where to buy?

2 Likes

With the nickel spread to either side of the slots like you have it now, I would not recommend pulling more than 30A maximum from it, and even that is going to heat up those traces pretty bad.

Definitely best to bridge them with something. 0.2mm nickel would work, but copper braid would be better.

3 Likes

Cool, I appreciate the help!

2 Likes

… tell me more

9 Likes

dual trigger with a deadman switch? damn, fingers be busy :joy:

2 Likes

Ya idk about that part - I’ve never been a fan of deadman switch

2 Likes

It’s transmitter for my electric skateboards I made while ago. Briefly, it uses Bluetooth Low Energy (LE) technology and is based on the Nordic Semiconductor nRF52832 microcontroller, mainly due to its compatibility with the new Bluetooth 5.0 specification

The controller is equipped with an OLED 128x32px SSD1306 display used to display information about the electric skateboard’s operating parameters, such as:
• current speed
• current throttle and brake position
• activation of the safety button, preventing accidental starting of the engines
• the charge level of the electric skateboard
• controller charge level

To read the position of the throttle and brake it uses two hall sensors.

The controller is powered by a 900mAh lithium-ion battery with a rated voltage of 3.7V, size 18350. To charge the battery I placed in the controller, a charger with an input voltage of 5V. A DC-DC voltage converter from 3.3V to 5V was used to power the development board with the nRF52832 microcontroller on it :nut_and_bolt:

The skateboard has an identical development board with the same nRF52832 microcontroller connected to the VESC6 via the UART port. Thanks to this I could use standard VESC protocol to communicate transmitter with esc.

16 Likes

It looks very interesting, do you have any pictures of you holding it in your hand? Or a short video of trigger actuation?

Thanks! This is a “paintball cleaning” mat. But, yeah it’s just a desk mat. It’s sold out but there are other styles from the same company and others.

Here is what they currently have.

1 Like

The world* needs more split-trigger options. Preferably not ones with rocker switches underneath them that could accidentally flick when you brush then against something though.

I really like the small in-the-palm form-factor on this though and the fact that it’s not all designed around the display. I think it might need a bit more trigger travel though.

Who looks at remote-displayed telemetry anyway? It’s a sign that you’re traveling too slowly with a battery that’s not big enough to get you where you wanna go.

* me & @ShutterShock

10 Likes

*and @Venom121212

4 Likes

I like this conversation

6 Likes

Few real photos below including remote in hand. I’m not 100% happy about the design. It could be more ergonomic

20 Likes

It looks better in the hand than I expected. Really nice design! :clap:

This deserves its own thread.

4 Likes

Bottom stick- throttle
Top stick - brake
Deadmen switch + double click for reverse

5 Likes

Don’t drop a metal phone on that :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:

3 Likes

i was thinking the circles are useful in some case, but if its sold out, then im alright with it. probably shouldn’t keep spending money that i don’t have

1 Like

L2!

:metal:

6 Likes