This deserves its own thread.

4 Likes

Bottom stick- throttle
Top stick - brake
Deadmen switch + double click for reverse

5 Likes

Don’t drop a metal phone on that :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:

3 Likes

i was thinking the circles are useful in some case, but if its sold out, then im alright with it. probably shouldn’t keep spending money that i don’t have

1 Like

L2!

:metal:

6 Likes

Love your remote design!

3 Likes

Just an fyi, gears gave up on me today, both stripped when I was breaking, that’s about 950 km from new to stripped

3 Likes

It will get plenty of protection soon enough :wink:

Hmm looks pretty cool - I agree ergo could use a little help, have you tried with gloves yet?

@Tony_Stark have you tried it in a front wheel drive configuration? I wonder if you could get more acceleration out of it that way.

1 Like

Just like a car, the grip is the highest on the rear wheels during acceleration. So front wheel drive would just spin up the front wheels, which would be scary as haha

2 Likes

yup, that makes sense. My thinking was that on a skate most of the weight is in the front, and in this case even the back has enough traction to accelerate you harder than it is (limited due to wheelieing), so the front would allow you to exert at least as much force as you currently are in the back (which there results in a wheelie) but be able to use it fully for acceleration instead of just lifting you.

1 Like

Even if you’re fully leaning forward and you manage to counteract the acceleration perfectly, the weight transfer to the back still happens by way of leverage from the back wheels. As the torque tries to lift the front of the board up, naturally the back gets pushed down into the ground. Also on our boards the suspension squats at the back and lifts at the front, so even leaning forwards the deck still kinda tilts to the back.

Its not really an issue though because we aren’t getting wheel slip on rubber or having wheelie issues if you lean forward the right amount for the acceleration (pretty tricky at the moment with vesc unpredictableness).

What would definitely be better traction wise is AWD, which I would consider just to have better brakes as rear wheel braking sucks :sweat_smile:

9 Likes

MOAR :heart_eyes:

4 Likes

@Tony_Stark how did you make the moulds for these?

1 Like

Highly recommended reading

Radium are set to become gods of esk8 with this board. It really is incredible.

15 Likes

Are there final sneak pics photos anywhere?
I don’t even know what the full board looks like

1 Like

I like it!

2 Likes

Pretty unflattering picture of @b264’s new boss man you got here.

Is this from linkedin?

f70998c35ab1b71db8d0afd5a459576c1233331e

Where was this from :thinking:

That dance though…

2 Likes