šŸ–¼ Reply to ā€œPictures and nothing elseā€ thread 2023

No, super-stars and phatladz are both nice, but if you run 6-8 wheels on them there is a big, fat lip. The tires donā€™t stretch to the edge.

2 Likes

giphy

9 Likes

I need those hubs!

1 Like

dafuq is this? paper rim? :joy:

Sorry if I missed it ā€“ do these hubs use an MBS or Trampa-style pattern? Iā€™m thinking about gear drive capability. It looks like screw/post -based ones would work, but weā€™d need a new puck for @ApexBoards latest gear drives.

1 Like

I believe MBS

1 Like

MBS pattern. Just be patient with the Jump drives :sunglasses: They threw a wrench in my gears with their beautiful press-to-fit design, but solutions are on the way.

6 Likes

Iā€™m really looking forward to Tomiboi made pulleys! ETA on the pulleys? I would rather buy pulleys from Tomiboi than Newbee.

Iā€™m actually working on the quote as we speak. It will probably take 2-3 months to make them happen.

4 Likes

Hereā€™s a front and back pic as well as an MBS comparison.

7 Likes

To be fair to Newbee, I havenā€™t heard any reports of their hubs going out of true.

Your hubs look fantastic - nicely done. Stoked to see people dye the white ones.

4 Likes

I love the concave these have. Good job!

1 Like

I saw Newbeeā€™s impaler rims in-person last week. I can see why theyā€™re called impalers, they look really sharp.

2 Likes

Would be dope to see something like this for ESK8. Not sure how many parts could be supported.

3 Likes

Something like what? A sticker bombed deck? A side handle? Footpad risers? Bumpers for parts that touch the ground? We already have all of that and 4x the wheels of those things.

5 Likes

And we can repair ours.

6 Likes

a board digital designing drag and drop type program.

1 Like

Iā€™d even be happy with something like PCPartPicker for esk8. Just a list of parts and prices and links I could use to assemble build BOMs

Main difference is esk8 is a ton of companies contributing their part, where with onewheels itā€™s all FutureMotion and 3rd parties are called ā€œknockoffsā€ and ā€œclonesā€

2 Likes

Too good of an idea. we donā€™t deserve it.

Whoever runs it can have their esk8 politics influence whoā€™s parts get added lmao.

2 Likes

I smell the potential for abuse. Iā€™m certainly not qualified to run something like that. I can do the legwork though.

1 Like