🖼 Reply to “Pictures and nothing else” thread 2023

Looks like fibre tape.

Fun anecdote: i broke a couple of the trays of the dehydrator that I use for drying out my filament. I fixed them with fibre tape. I recently jacked the temperature up to about 60C and the fibre tape has showed serious deterioration.

3 Likes

Yeah, the humidity here fucks with every kind of tape except masking and Flex Seal.

2 Likes

Whatever tape you used to repair your chastity belt seems to be working.

2 Likes

You should put shrink wrap over the bullet connectors to insulate them AND keep them from pulling apart.

2 Likes

Lol ik just a test fit

1 Like

I hate split p-groups. Stellar work though.

3 Likes

Thanks. Yeah there is definitely nothing fun about them :rofl: it should be so simple but it just feels like a brain melt :sweat_smile:

4 Likes

I foresee you needing some longer motor mounts with that large wheel pulley to help avoid belt skip.

That looks insane

3 Likes

Huh?? What’s going on? Why would that be the case?

3 Likes

I have no idea, but I have some wild guesses.

1. a knee-jerk overreaction from management based on some warranty claim or return
  2. a misunderstanding about how motor size is a different thing than motor current
  3. all these customers are annoying af, let’s get rid of them

But those are only guesses, I suspect someone will poke the bear soon and we will find out.

13 Likes

You missed the most obvious answer.

1. Something made by trampa caught fire but it’s not their fault :fire::fire::fire:
12 Likes

Going on the dropcat? :smirk:

3 Likes

That’s the plan! I’d love to try the push assist mode on it as it’s my daily push board but they won’t sell me an esc :unamused:

3 Likes

Thats awesome! Ive tried a dropcat at a skatestore and I really liked it. Cant wait to see your conversion! Sucks on the esc would be awesome to try the push assist, wonder how that would feel.

2 Likes

WHERED YOU GET THESE

Gotta email tech support “order inquiries” under contact us. They’ll ask your address and send you an invoice in the next day or two.

They might be out already though. Best of luck to you!

3 Likes

The latest batch of DRV8301 used in the VESC 6 seams to be more sensitive to high current spikes.
To dig down to the issue we swapped out new DRVs with old ones and can see that there is quite a difference in current handling.

We then re-designed the PCB to allow the new DRVs to perform as good as the old ones. So the component layout around the DRV has now changed for more performance.
The upcoming VESC 6MKVI will have the new PCB layout and can pump up to 140A peak.
There is also a new VESC 6 High Power on the horizon, allowing to push a lot more amps in the very same form factor. We expect to be able to deliver around 200+A peak.

1 Like

Wow that things nice

What group set did you get on it?

2 Likes

It has Shimano GRX Di2 RX815 (still a bike noob so not sure if that’s what you’re looking for)

also note not bailing on esk8, just diversifying hobbies/activities, gotta move more :stuck_out_tongue:

2 Likes