🖼 Reply to “Pictures and nothing else” thread 2023

I’ve worked on a couple of those 4 segment ones recently. I very much doubt they would have a significant effect on the board flex

2 Likes

That’s mental. How many km’s to get it to wear down that far? Or are they just aluminium or something? :laughing:

2 Likes

@kubbur I want to skate with you for two reasons.

1. You look like the coolest dude in that pic
  2. I want to take the wife to Iceland badly!
2 Likes

Hmm let me see
According to davega I have travelled 820 km since I put them under(26th April), bear in mind that I weight about 150 kg and ride kinda harsh, I’m not sure what material, I thought this was hardened steel, on Ali they say it’s carbon steel hahaha

2 Likes

Dude get your ass over here, I’ll try to get my trampa running and we can ride around Reykjavík and get some burgers

7 Likes

@bearlyrecognized

What tires are those?

What is the clear stuff on the bullets? Makes me nervous. :grimacing:

1 Like

Looks like fibre tape.

Fun anecdote: i broke a couple of the trays of the dehydrator that I use for drying out my filament. I fixed them with fibre tape. I recently jacked the temperature up to about 60C and the fibre tape has showed serious deterioration.

3 Likes

Yeah, the humidity here fucks with every kind of tape except masking and Flex Seal.

2 Likes

Whatever tape you used to repair your chastity belt seems to be working.

2 Likes

You should put shrink wrap over the bullet connectors to insulate them AND keep them from pulling apart.

2 Likes

Lol ik just a test fit

1 Like

I hate split p-groups. Stellar work though.

3 Likes

Thanks. Yeah there is definitely nothing fun about them :rofl: it should be so simple but it just feels like a brain melt :sweat_smile:

4 Likes

I foresee you needing some longer motor mounts with that large wheel pulley to help avoid belt skip.

That looks insane

3 Likes

Huh?? What’s going on? Why would that be the case?

3 Likes

I have no idea, but I have some wild guesses.

1. a knee-jerk overreaction from management based on some warranty claim or return
  2. a misunderstanding about how motor size is a different thing than motor current
  3. all these customers are annoying af, let’s get rid of them

But those are only guesses, I suspect someone will poke the bear soon and we will find out.

13 Likes

You missed the most obvious answer.

1. Something made by trampa caught fire but it’s not their fault :fire::fire::fire:
12 Likes

Going on the dropcat? :smirk:

3 Likes