šŸ–¼ Reply to ā€œPictures and nothing elseā€ thread 2023

42" - itā€™s bigger than prototipo

2 Likes

Added ballpark pricing above cause I was curiousā€¦ this is wild

Unless youā€™re getting serious deals on parts and/or buying everything used, I donā€™t think anyone can shave 30% off the DIY build price to hit their MSRP. This doesnā€™t even touch cost of your time and labor, taxes, shipping, tools, the endless list of loctite, epoxy, fasteners, gasket, etc etc.

Fuck it, I might have just convinced myself to buy one.

3 Likes

Is 42" the deck, or is it the overall length? Asking because the weels extend further.
If the deck is 42, I might want one. :smiley:

1 Like

2 Likes

It looks like the standing area on this one is about 15 cm more than the evo 40". This is really nice!

1 Like

@Flexboardz has entered the chat /s

2 Likes

I am really close to pulling the trigger on this.

It would be the same price as my not yet started DIY street cruiser, and Iā€™d have a board in 6 weeks instead of 6-12 monthsā€¦ and my girlfriend wouldnā€™t be upset that Iā€™m soldering in the garage for 4 hours instead of chilling with herā€¦

I want one, does esk8.news have a discount code?

3 Likes

I legit might just buy one next paycheque. The controller is easily 25% of the MSRP and the battery is almost 50% so for about $600 youā€™re getting all the high end Lacroix hardware plus motors and IMO thatā€™s a fuxkinā€™ steal. Makes DIY shopping lists look like financial suicide lmao.

2 Likes

Wobble on one truck? Nah, with this you get wobble on both! Itā€™s not you, itā€™s your truck.ā„¢

1 Like

Double edged sword tho. If the China brands start losing money to this then they will very quickly stop copying evolve and refocus into copying this format. I know if I was a China brand i would be CADing up a matrix clone right now. Very quickly the market could become flooded with barrel clones.

6 Likes

Also Iā€™d love to see inside one.

Wonder who will be the first brave explorer willing to share itā€™s mysteries.

4 Likes

If I get one Iā€™m the type to tear into it and see inside before I even ride the thingā€¦ And Iā€™m sure Iā€™m not the only one.

2 Likes

Well there was that Kaly clone by Raldey/Eski that actually used knockoff shockblocks, although it didnā€™t appear to have ever taken off. Ant Innovation had those knockoff hypertrucks as well, and Meepo also had channel trucks shown in development, although who knows when that comes out.

Itā€™s only just come out.

Yup, but that was likely happening anyway.

Eh it was first shown October last year, so itā€™s been a while. Long enough to have rebranded from Raldey to a new company at least.

1 Like

Well, sort of a a rebrand. ESKI was started by the son of the guy who owns Radley.

1 Like

Yeah, probably because Raldeyā€™s reputation was tanking pretty hard for other reasons. It was and still is the only China option for a carver board though, and probably the first one to ever feature channels.

1 Like

My understanding is there are some issues with the board to include enclosure/water ingress. It does look really nice.

2 Likes

TBH I never really understood the appeal of a Trampa/Kaly style board. I had a chance to stand on one, and the insane camber was really unsettling and foot placement felt unnatural. Unfortunately it seems like thatā€™s the shape everyoneā€™s copying these days because it looks cooler.

2 Likes