🖼 Reply to “Pictures and nothing else” thread 2023

Did you end up needing risers to make this work?

not with the Bn adjustable baseplates.

1 Like

That’s what I like to hear lol I have a very similar build sitting on my shelf waiting to be built

2 Likes

Its true, thats how i got most of my parts<3

1 Like

Fenix BC26R. One of the mounting brackets failed during the initial ride. The mounting bracket is designed to swivel and it popped apart. I will update the forum later after I get a response from Fenix about this issue.

Updated prototipo… (~ $600 new let’s say, with enclosure, if you could find one)
12s4p P42A ($700 new)
“Lite” hyper trucks (OG Hypertrucks, hubs, tires, mounts, bushings, pulleys = $850 new, so “lite” version lets say is 66% = $560)
200x50 street tires on MBS rockstar II hubs (included above)
Belt drive (included above)
6374s ($300 new)
Stormcore 60D ($320 new)
Hoyt Puck ($120 new)
5amp charger ($50 new)
Flexy enclosure… plastic? (included above)
Labor: priceless

Total DIY cost: $2650 + your best diy skills

MSRP: $1900

For this price, a whole bunch of new builders should just buy this off the shelf and get riding immediately. This seems like a crazy deal

Edit: let’s play the shopping cart game… added pricing

16 Likes

@Dinnye which gloves are those?

1 Like

This is such a competitive price point. There are so many evolve style boards selling for a similar price with inferior build.

I’m tempted to buy one myself.

2 Likes

It’s pretty smart. A Lacroix near the pricepoint of the better Chinese boards? Pretty much a no-brainer.

6 Likes

Loaded Advanced Freeride gloves. If you are in between the two sizes you definitely need the larger one

1 Like

Pretty darn good value for the package. Did they mention the board size? It would be awesome if they kept the Prototipo dimensions. With this offering, why would you risk buying from the likes of Evolve, Ownboard, Meepo, etc. Well done Lacroix!

1 Like

42" - it’s bigger than prototipo

2 Likes

Added ballpark pricing above cause I was curious… this is wild

Unless you’re getting serious deals on parts and/or buying everything used, I don’t think anyone can shave 30% off the DIY build price to hit their MSRP. This doesn’t even touch cost of your time and labor, taxes, shipping, tools, the endless list of loctite, epoxy, fasteners, gasket, etc etc.

Fuck it, I might have just convinced myself to buy one.

3 Likes

Is 42" the deck, or is it the overall length? Asking because the weels extend further.
If the deck is 42, I might want one. :smiley:

1 Like

2 Likes

It looks like the standing area on this one is about 15 cm more than the evo 40". This is really nice!

1 Like

@Flexboardz has entered the chat /s

2 Likes

I am really close to pulling the trigger on this.

It would be the same price as my not yet started DIY street cruiser, and I’d have a board in 6 weeks instead of 6-12 months… and my girlfriend wouldn’t be upset that I’m soldering in the garage for 4 hours instead of chilling with her…

I want one, does esk8.news have a discount code?

3 Likes

I legit might just buy one next paycheque. The controller is easily 25% of the MSRP and the battery is almost 50% so for about $600 you’re getting all the high end Lacroix hardware plus motors and IMO that’s a fuxkin’ steal. Makes DIY shopping lists look like financial suicide lmao.

2 Likes

Wobble on one truck? Nah, with this you get wobble on both! It’s not you, it’s your truck.™

1 Like