šŸ–¼ Reply to ā€œPictures and nothing elseā€ thread 2023

Different strokes for different folks. Its easier to just not ride in the wet. /unpopularopinion

1 Like

This was 400mm Body, 20mm thick, new one is 30mm

1 Like

In raw condition 600ā‚¬ pair for export

from moon light obviously. :smiley:

idk how they got those shots at maryhill that whole album looks surreal/shopped.

2 Likes

I think I see what is going on. The front of some of the helmets show a lighting reflection, fill flash maybe. Definitely a weird look to a lot of the shots.

4 Likes

thatā€™s it Iā€™m going back to thanes. pneumies are nice and all, but thanesā€¦

1 Like

At least 400a per side!

1 Like

I drill out the holes juuuuust large enough to get the vesc side mr60 fitted onto the enclosure. Similarly, run all sensors into a single slightly oversized hole. Small bit of hot glue for temporary hold. Then a bit of epoxy on each side for a more serious hold(only on the outside for the sensors so I can pop it out to change drivetrains). Probably never disassembling one of my electric sleds without it being a repair again. No reason. Once the esc and battery are set in it, it makes sense to leave them there, but Iā€™d rather be able to easily swap drives around.

Oh and I add a teeny tiny drop of e6000 to each side wall when I connect the mr60ā€™s. Some people zip tie those but that doesnā€™t work for my route.
@ShutterShock damn son you can print blue copper???

1 Like

I will skip all phase plugs next tlme and just slap em togerher with solder.
Will also follow @glyphiks advice and run them fuckers tight underneath the lid of ma enclosure.
Should fix my last light headaches

This has been, for me, very bad for maintenance.

2 Likes

What happened?

Iā€™ve done this, I do not recommend it at all. makes remofing the drive truck a real pain in the ass, and makes working in the enclosure an extra pain.

2 Likes

Removing? I would just cut them off again :pray:

if youā€™re willing to cut them and re-solder any time you do work on the board, thatā€™s your decision.

personally, I donā€™t like the idea of adding a whole soldering kit to my ride toolkit. itā€™s extra and shouldnā€™t be needed.

if you have any concerns about maintenance whatsoever, permanent connections arenā€™t a good idea. you want as much to be able to be manipulated without tools as possible.

my ride toolkit for a thane board is literally just a bike multitool and a skate tool because all I need are a couple sizes of hex and a couple sockets to dismantle the entire board. this way I can open things up, unplug things, swap connectors and whatever all without needing a soldering kit or multimeter.

plus, if you end up needing to do a lot of electrical maintenance youā€™ll spend more in solder than a high end set of plugs would ever cost.

Lol.
My goal is build and forget.

Thatā€™s also my goal, reliability is design goal #1. So the things I suggest are ALWAYS going to be with that in mind.

2 Likes

Generally my build goals in order of importance:

1. Reliability
  2. Repairability/Upgrade-ability
  3. Durability

@ShutterShock just curious, why a 3D printed enclosure for the Maker X? I have the DV6 pro and am almost done with my enclosure. Does protecting it within the enclosure offer some value?

The thing u see there is just a Stormcore 3D printed for comparison of size, and mounting in the real enclosure that Iā€™m designing / working on

2 Likes

I used 5mm bullets with 3:1 heat shrink with glue inside on each phase wire. Pretty bombproof, nothing to wrong, and also not a huge pain in the ass if I need to disconnect a motor for some reason.