🖼 Reply to “Pictures and nothing else” thread_2020_summer

How did your neck feel after seeing him?

2 Likes

Maytech is more well reputed?

I’ll never understand this. The Maytech stuff I’ve thus far tested- two of their sensored 6374’s, were garbage. They started overheating on the first day, and making clicking noises in 3 days. They would also get hard to spin after running them for a period. I think a bearing race or something was coming out of alignment.

They (Maytech) wouldn’t even allow me to return the motors to them. Even though I provided them with video proof. THEY LITERALLY SUGGESTED I FIX THE MOTORS MYSELF. Fuck Maytech, I hope the owners get cancer, and die. Wasted $250 on that shit company. Two brand new motors sitting right here- totally worthless until repaired.

Running my 6374s, sensored, stock bearings for 3k km so far, no issues. :man_shrugging: I guess it’s just luck of the draw…

No issues with anything maytech on either of my boards with many miles. Sorry about your luck.

1 Like

I think luck of the draw really applies to all manufacturers nowadays. Everybody tries to push more profit in the same “price range”… :man_shrugging:

Results in shit bearings being used, shoddy, dangerous mounting (6396 maytechs), etc.

Good bearings usually cost a fortune(20$+ a piece). Having good bearings would mean our motors would cost 150-200$ a pop. Would we buy it? No. I don’t think we would. This is how it goes.

2 Likes

I bought them during the peak of the initial pandemic, back when China was shut down. I think that’s where I went wrong. Even the keyways were poorly manufactured. I literally had to sit there for 45 minutes hand sanding the keys until they would fit in the ways.

1 Like

I think Flipsky’s products have gotten better over the years, and I don’t think people give them the chance they deserve. I’ve had nothing but positive experiences with them, and I’m building my third board using their parts. Not one failure yet. I think people are counting too heavily on their old reputation.

4 Likes

I think they’re trying to become more like maytech and leave their old stuff behind (I think) but there’s so much old stuff out there that the overwhelming reputation is still negative

I’ve only had their remotes but have had zero issues with them and personally I think “The” nano remote feels like crap compared to the Vx1 or Vx2

1 Like

I haven’t had great luck with Maytech 6374 sensored “sealed” motors either

But I know some folks do

Mine didn’t seem very high quality.

1 Like

Thoughts on the shark wheels? I’m assuming you’ve pushed them around a bit.

3 Likes

Yeah, but not that much.
Just been around the parking lot a bit and they are ok IMO, but not the best wheels. They feel pretty soft and moving the board without pushing was easy to stay in motion like them fellows do on surf skateboards , you now?
I think they are just funny bc of their look.
Reminds me of the good old OJII wheels i dont remember the name of.
They looked like tomatoes :joy:

3 Likes

I had those a long time ago, pretty good push wheels but I’m not so sure about the performance of the Kegel wheels on an electric board, I just feel like grip would be lacking if you put down any serious power.

Although a burnout with those wheels would look sick!

Although they now make a larger diameter wheel specifically for esk8.

2 Likes

That is an awesome looking build.

3 Likes

@abusfullofnuns there freakin huge :exploding_head: hope you like them?

4 Likes

Quote of the day :rofl:

2 Likes

Lmao. Right.
I see my new title right there :metal:t3::rofl:

4 Likes

For sure bro. Wishing I had something that had the balls to push them around. 12s4p 40t isn’t going to work and need WIDE hangers.

1 Like

Thank you! It is coming together quite nicely.

3 Likes

How wide

3 Likes