🖼 Reply to “Pictures and nothing else” thread_2020_summer

The '80s skaterat in me would feel dirty putting RKP on a street deck like this.

3 Likes

I agree but having used both on short decks I just can’t get over how much I prefer RKP even if it looks funny and even if it moves the the wheels closer together.

1 Like

Tkp is the future. We just need more options

3 Likes

Have you tried both on the otherwise identical setup? With a short deck? How short? What did you think? How fast did you go on it?

I haven’t. But i like the feel of tkps much better than rkps on longboards.

I have no time for electric short boards. Mayyyybe an omakase. But that’s barely short.

3 Likes

Electric short boards get hubs :face_with_hand_over_mouth:

I do want to build a longboard on tkp though. I was really unimpressed with surfrodz rkp. They were stable but never turned as well as I feel they should have. Anything over 90° was an Austin Powers situation.

2 Likes

You’ll never look back

1 Like

Why though

Tell me why they are so shitty, having never ridden them or having any clue which hubs they even are? Not to mention use case wasn’t even addressed.

Umbrella speak and broad category generalization is getting old.

2 Likes

I was just tired of your umbrella speak and broad category generalization saying electric short boards get hubs.

They can get many different drivetrains, depending on goals and use case which wasn’t even addressed.

Perhaps that was me saying that all of my short boards get hubs?

Nope. Once I said “short boards get hubs” it was a magical command that turned ALL shortboard drive trains into hubs. Sorry about your luck. Welcome to team hub.

1 Like

This is more serious than I imagined. I though it was just umbrella speak and broad category generalization, but now you’re actually saying you intended it to cast a supernatural spell?

1 Like

1 count of premeditated spellcasting

3 Likes

Aiight Imma slide up on out of this mug. Shit’s getting weird

1 Like

Oh fuck I thought you were venom but you’re the god damn scarlet witch. Please don’t ever utter the phrase “no more esk8’s.”

I’m an admitted hub hater. I don’t like the lack of options they present. But, even I will say, hubs are generally perfect for trick/park board electrification.
Short commuters, however, lack the room for battery, and therefore benefit massively from gearing.
My esk8 mantra is, “for every board a purpose, for every purpose a board.”

2 Likes

What board is gonna do my groceries? Make me a sandwich? Keep me company at night?

I’m not exactly sure what “do my groceries” means, but I’m going to go with cutting board for the first two and headboard for the third.

5 Likes

With small hex hardware like this, if you try to pull it out and it won’t rotate, the last thing you should do is push even harder.

I really do think these should come with an instruction manual, and in this manual I would have written

“On the star plate adapter, when removing the three flat head hex bolts, make sure to heat them up thoroughly with a blowtorch before trying to remove them”

@Boardnamics Is already working on a way to prevent this in the future with a new design

9 Likes

Finally I could take them out!

Got the D power

1 Like