🖼 Reply to “Pictures and nothing else” thread_2020_summer

I like mr60’s, cuz I like to swap parts like Legos. But I think by far the safest option is staggered bullets, with each connection shrink wrapped around the bullets, if you must connect them externally, or just bullets separately taped down inside the enclosure. Something something space constraints and ease of part swaps, that’s not always an option.
I also shrink wrap my bullets to the tip if I don’t feel like swapping them out to fit my mr60’s, but that’s admittedly a terrible practice.

1 Like

I’ve tried several different configurations with bullets and mr/mt60s and I still can’t land on a preferred method. But every build is somewhat different and constraints vary, so its really hard for me to pin down a bulletproof method.

1 Like

mr60 of course. badumtissss.
fr tho every build is different. the best way will almost never work.

1 Like

Ah, yes totally a feature, not an unintended consequence of an overcomplicated design!

I had never thought of that lmao, i always just properly insulated the ends and called it a day.

Staggering the bullets might trigger a lots of people’s OCD :joy:

I guess I have an excuse to leave it like this then!

3 Likes

Truth be told i much prefer mt60 to mr60 :rofl:

2 Likes

truth be told i could be talking about those, i ordered 50, dumped in a bin, and moved on. never forget, i am a stupid, and only got my first electric board like 11 months ago. all i know is higo 9 pins are superior and i cant fuckin solder those.

I did that too, until I found the even better way, which is just use MR60 :crazy_face:

I also like staggering them because then all 3 bullets don’t line up making a weird thick spot.

6 Likes

@Linesflag someone attempted to do the same thing 6 years ago, but I don’t think he ever finished or posted the results. The only issue is when turning and the wheels need to move at a different speed, a differential would be needed, but not sure how important that would be for an esk8. Someone on EndlessSphere used a one way bearing to achieve that, but I can’t find the posts

2 Likes

Last thing I heard about this was a few different folks saying it worked fine, if I recall.

One way bearings not only terrify me because of the added failure points but also because of the brakes or lack of them.

1 Like

One way bearings are out of the question, I need brakes. There will be some slip, but thats negligible as you’re leaning on the opposite wheel while turning. Shits gonna work fine as is, I’ve done this before (although with a more ratched setup). Pneumatic are a different story though, as they have a lot more grip than thanes. Would still work probably, if a 10mm shaft is used.

1 Like

Just tighten the back all the way down. My purple board lifts one back tire every time I turn LOL

1 Like

Well I have to wait now for parts from china, so there aren’t gonna be updates for a while, but as soon as I get this thing rolling I’m making a thread, seems like there is enough interest to make this easier to find for more people.

1 Like

its actually really annoying, considering im running single drive on it right now. every time i turn right, i lose acceleration for a second. but thats a very temporary problem. eventually i wanna super single 2wd it.

1 Like

yeah I had the same annoying problem, which is the reason I’m building it this way right now lol. Accelerating on a wet hill on tarmac was basically impossible.

1 Like

between that and what i refer to as the single drive shuffle, which is when you let off acceleration and the back does the tiniest of wiggles, im not a fan. 2wd for streets and grass, 4 for anything rougher than that.

1 Like

Late 2018 in France, when it was possible to get 2x new single Fsesc 6.6 for 150€ :joy:
Worked very well, plenty of power, very stable but not very turny.
Sk3 with external sensors :heart_eyes:
12s5p of 30Q I was able to get 40+km of range (i’m 85kg), so quite efficient despite the 4 belts.

11 Likes

@Linesflag

Similar but different

4 Likes

This is awesome

2 Likes

Very interesting! Confirms my suspicion that pneus are a different story. Would have been interested in the results offroad, where the tires can slip more. He has a emtb after all, and locked diffs are for offroad mostly (unless you want to drift), so this video is a bit stupid in than regard, but still, very interesting!

1 Like