šŸ–¼ Reply to ā€œPictures and nothing elseā€ thread_2020_summer

I just want a low budget category. Free or discounted or spare parts donā€™t count, full msrp is what counts for the boards value. Hard limit of like 1000 bucks.

I also think that such a competition would be very useful for new builders that arenā€™t sure what theyā€™re doing and donā€™t want to break the bank. Whole collection of budget builds.

6 Likes

I vote for ā€œBest Out Of Build Yearā€

1 Like

@glyphiks is my favorite person now because Iā€™ve been screaming ā€œjust clone the fucking tipoā€ and he did.

1 Like

This board is going to be quite the oddity when itā€™s complete. But given the shape and the materials I had on hand, proto clone was the obvious choice for deck styling

4 Likes

You did it up real good. The sharpies a nice touch x)

Oooh i love the grip here @Linny !

13 Likes

Yesā€¦ i love the bedliner tooā€¦ :laughing:

4 Likes

I see how it is. This is a bold statement.

@DerelictRobot look what youā€™ve done

4 Likes

This is why Iā€™m going over to chains haha

2 Likes

šŸ–¼ Pictures and Nothing Else! - #9549 by Linny @Linny

Did you make the larger helical gear yourself? Is it made from Delrin?

Nope, these are from @3DServisas

1 Like

BEDLINER IS BEAUTIFUL

2 Likes

Yea Alā€™s just being a shitcunt

2 Likes

@whaddys I recognize that art from somewhere. Question; Iā€™m probably going to try it either way, but, I use a very similar work space and was thinkingā€¦ do you think it would work well to evenly stretch the fabric if you just stapled the corners to the cardboard?

1 Like

Youā€™re gonna wanna ask @PedroMcJimenez that, heā€™s the real pro I just sat in the corner while he did all the work lol. But centering this layout was a bitch, we repulled and re-centered the fabric like 5 times. The artwork is Heironymous Bosch, old renesaince artist from like 13th or 14th century. I emailed him he said we could use his artwork =怋

3 Likes

I damn near said bosch, or Dali. Lol.

1 Like

Youā€™re spot on the direction there, trippy surrealist French fuckers Hah

1 Like

I was actually just thinking about more fabrics to order up. But I think I might just get some plain white, and do a couple tye dye skins.
Or some shiboriā€¦

1 Like

Iā€™m not sure will work, you could try stapling 2 corners(short ways), but Iā€™m unsure if it would be optimal.
I tend to fold it lengthwise(with out creasing), and putting a sharpie in it to weigh down the center for a first contact point.
Spoonflower satin has its benefits of conforming to contours quite quite well, but also can stretch and contort images being so thin. This makes images with sharp straight lines and strict layouts that need symmetry quite a challenge to pull off. Images without either of those features are much easier to pull off.

I suggest doing some dry runs laying fabric before going in wet to get a feel for the finesse. Do it with the goal to get it to lay how you want first time without sliding the fabric on the dry deck, cause once resin in play, there is no moving it without ripping it up and going again.

1 Like

See I was thinking loosely staple or clamp, particularly around the odd angles. Intent being to hold it even, without stretching. No taut. No slack.
Itā€™s not really necessary, just an idea for an extra precaution so you can be a lil quicker on that tack coat. I also worry about distortion due to contraction, despite knowing that it will be at most negligible at these scales.

Also, fabrics goin on spare wood at least thrice to get a hand for it. Then, I work my way up by size.