🖼 Reply to “Pictures and nothing else” thread_2020_summer

I’m crying with that racoon :joy::sob: is that your daughter?

4 Likes

Yep. I told her that after she checked 100 cells we could go for a skate.

We went for a big skate (by her standards) 8.5km, and when we got home she went straight back into the workshop and said ‘Can I check more cells now?’ :rofl:

26 Likes

Child of the year.

10 Likes

Damn yall really got the full set of home businesses going, how much do you work, 24hr a day? Lol

I’m sure it’s worth it though

3 Likes

@3DServisas had some 48T pulleys at one time

1 Like

@Venom121212

1 Like

Hahaha during craft season basically yes. So end of summer through Christmas. I had to upgrade the breaker in my house because the 6 3d printers and heat press would trip the circuit if I tried to preheat too many at once. My wife makes so much other ornate shit I can’t even begin to describe.

My useless chunk mitts are garbage. I just move all the heavy stuff before and after shows.

9 Likes

Bruh you could make a killing doing personalized wedding stuff~ i see so many similar things at weddings i work. Personalized wine/shot glasses are huuuuuge as party favors.

3 Likes

Oh yeah, we’ve made the favors for a few weddings now and it’s great. We generally never work with the brides and only the maid of honors so no bridezilla issues so far.

6 Likes

Industry secret: the brides are usually chill. Its the mothers of the couple you gotta watch out for :grimacing:

4 Likes

Aww :pleading_face: do you think she likes esk8 and will become a builder as if this is her passion or she’s doing it to spend time with you? In general, it seems like kids tend to adopt what their parents are doing/the people around them in an act of mimicry, monkey see monkey do. I wonder to what degree this action is mimicry and how flexible that mimicry would be, like what if your job was something different :thinking:

2 Likes

Have you guys ever though about replacing the peli case with something more… sexy? The board looks so damn nice, but the case kinda sticks out imo.

4 Likes

Yes and we are working on it and running prototypes at the moment.

It’s really difficult from a business sense to move away from something that is fully waterproof, incredibly strong, allows quick swapping batteries and can be had for £50 + VAT. Any other option is gonna add ££££ onto the BOM and end sale price. Some like the case and others dont, I do get it though and I’d like to see a viable replacement on there.

11 Likes

Yeah, the scale of economy involved in trying to keep up with Pelican’s investment in tooling is nearly impossible. Would be an Everest climb even if that was your sole product/focus.

3 Likes

Nice, good to hear. I don’t think you have to match the pelicans though, no one is gonna submerge their board for hours on end, so something more light duty is going to be fine.

4 Likes

I think we will offer an option, if you want the super sexy enclosure you can choose and if not then go for the peli to save some £££

3 Likes

Could do the same for the ESC enclosure as well :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:
Although I bet yours makes the assembly process much easier

The ESC enclosure is fine imo.

1 Like

Whose kids need tablets? Just hand 'em a tester!

1 Like

She’s not that stupid. She’d just get me to build them :rofl:

She does love riding tho :+1:

2 Likes