šŸ–¼ Reply to ā€œPictures and nothing elseā€ thread_2020_summer

Yep thatā€™s the plan!

BTW Iā€™m on the lookout for RKP 155/160MM Caliber 2 if anyone got some spare in EU :pray:t4:

And I didnā€™t know Subsonic had a Vega model :rofl: Vega is a French brand from Paris doing popsicle decks, pretty stiff and nice finish too (this one is a 8.125")

1 Like

yeah, my man :hugs: :laughing:

didnt know they are available this size. Thought they were just 180s, but live and learn.
You could also use channel trucks and mount them to the nose and the tail, so they got the angle they need to steer nice. Some trampas would be nice, though, but I dont think anyone have some spa<re at hand for you, but who knows?

hahaha, and I was so confused about the 8.125" size you mentioned in original post.
EDIT: I got 180s lying around but they are just chinese trucks and not calibers.
They are 2 different trucks. I could try to fit some spare mindless hangers.
I got 2 of them spare as well, only problem then is the motor mount. Thats the part that sucks, but you can have them for free my friend :hugs:

1 Like

Iā€™ll take 3

one to break, one to ride and one to reverse engineer

lets hope @Boardnamics AT drive fits on there haha

3 Likes

Yeah, belt drives
Itā€™s a first for a production board I think

1 Like

Those look niiiiiice man! Is that on a century or Evo?

what tires are you running? Looks a bit like evolve?

the board on the website is the EVO but the battery packs enclosure is a Prototypo. The Prototypo build is still in progress.

Are thoseā€¦ truck nuts ?

3 Likes

Yeah dangling in the wind. Surprisingly visible actually Iā€™m impressed

I like the concept very much ! How do you get your power leed there though ?

1 Like

Eventually i hope the lid to pass through into the battery. in the short term i will probably add another few holes to one of the phase lead grommets.

3 Likes

Super sexy design man. You hit the nail on the head with where the escs ought to be when you have to cram more battery underneath. This looks really sleek. I like the use of the cable grip inserts too. Will be easy to swap escs and be able to change the cable guide and not the whole enclosure.

4 Likes

:heart_eyes::heart_eyes::heart_eyes: itā€™s happening!

I love this design :green_heart::green_heart::green_heart:

1 Like

Oh yes. Itā€™s happening for sure

Hadent thought about this but your right, it would look sick AF on a big battery carver.

The main goal was to keep all the weight as Central as possible. This 4wd with a pair of lipos on top would make a rapid race board with great weight distribution.

13 Likes

Thatā€™s badass bruhā€¦I like it.

1 Like

Yeah also it let the baseplates screws accesible

1 Like

Looking good. How do you like the deck? Iā€™m feeling the need for more drop on my 'thane build.

Also, healing up?

2 Likes

Where are you, man? These shots are making me sick for the mountains. God damn this bastard lockdown! :triumph:

6 Likes

Awesome Phil! I do pretty much the same type of riding with the same amazing scenery :yum::kissing_heart:
Living in the mountains has some advantages :smirk::stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

3 Likes

Hey, french alps station near switzerland, called ā€œMorzineā€ many path and point of view

Pretty close to the end of this shit man

3 Likes