šŸ–¼ Reply to ā€œPictures and nothing elseā€ thread_2020_summer

I must have the record for the longest transit time for a Davega :rofl:

Shipped in October i think and received in April

6 Likes

i actually want to know which company ships stuff the fastest to the middle no nowhere :rofl:

3 Likes

You mean the shipping company? Has to be DHL, as far as esk8 vendors, id say bioboards but they used DHL.

@janpom shipped my order on time but i cheaped out and asked for regular slow shipping.

The Flux motion deck i got was shipped as fast I think.

I mostly buy second hand tho so i dont have much experience with vendors.

3 Likes

@Skatardude10
LMFAO, this is great. :joy:
She looks like she wants to tell you that swinging is just for babys and big gurls ride electric skateboards for real adrenaline kicks. :laughing:

3 Likes

@Vanarian
cool bro, but im confusedā€¦I thought you got a subsonic vega deck and now I see its just a popsicle deck. If you still got your WB extension brackets, would be cool to use them in this build,no?
Would like to see some mock ups with them.

2 Likes

Any tips on spray painting my mbs trucks and wheels? I have primer, paint, topcoat spray cans. I have no idea how many coats or how I will spray to cover each truck, like split into two sides - front/back?

I designed them. www.bolideboards.com. they are 5p 21700 modules from hp-nylon. water proof-able (careful with that term) with a lid and airline compatible. hp-nylon is super robust.

3 Likes

So itā€™s like a NESE alternative? Cool. I love that the cells are pressed together with the screws as well. Just one question, are those banana connectors reliable? I had banana connectors between motor and vesc and those came lose several times, so now I try to stand away from them.

they are supra connectors, they click in as well. i am confident they wonā€™t come loose but this is the first build so I have to ride it for a while.If there are any issues i will design some sport of blocker for it that you click on top.

1 Like

Yea just discovered their sprays, itā€™s the bomb! Super fine layers :grin: I also got holographic + shiny varnish which I intended to finish the board withā€¦ You know for a might shade of midnight purple (what would I call it then, afternoon purple?)

But the faded matte purple looks so damn attractive to the eye IRL I canā€™t cover it, it just keeps drawing my attention every time the deck is at sight range!

2 Likes

Yep thatā€™s the plan!

BTW Iā€™m on the lookout for RKP 155/160MM Caliber 2 if anyone got some spare in EU :pray:t4:

And I didnā€™t know Subsonic had a Vega model :rofl: Vega is a French brand from Paris doing popsicle decks, pretty stiff and nice finish too (this one is a 8.125")

1 Like

yeah, my man :hugs: :laughing:

didnt know they are available this size. Thought they were just 180s, but live and learn.
You could also use channel trucks and mount them to the nose and the tail, so they got the angle they need to steer nice. Some trampas would be nice, though, but I dont think anyone have some spa<re at hand for you, but who knows?

hahaha, and I was so confused about the 8.125" size you mentioned in original post.
EDIT: I got 180s lying around but they are just chinese trucks and not calibers.
They are 2 different trucks. I could try to fit some spare mindless hangers.
I got 2 of them spare as well, only problem then is the motor mount. Thats the part that sucks, but you can have them for free my friend :hugs:

1 Like

Iā€™ll take 3

one to break, one to ride and one to reverse engineer

lets hope @Boardnamics AT drive fits on there haha

3 Likes

Yeah, belt drives
Itā€™s a first for a production board I think

1 Like

Those look niiiiiice man! Is that on a century or Evo?

what tires are you running? Looks a bit like evolve?

the board on the website is the EVO but the battery packs enclosure is a Prototypo. The Prototypo build is still in progress.

Are thoseā€¦ truck nuts ?

3 Likes

Yeah dangling in the wind. Surprisingly visible actually Iā€™m impressed

I like the concept very much ! How do you get your power leed there though ?

1 Like