šŸ–¼ Reply to ā€œPictures and nothing elseā€ thread_2020_summer

I think a thicc stick got wedged in between the motor sprocket and chain. Skidded some speed off on the trail before I fell off but I wasnā€™t going too fast to start with. Have had loose mounts too which caused problems but not really taken me down yet.

I need a better solution to my mounts. Grub screws jeep getting loose and the fact I stripped the threads on my matrix brake holes and canā€™t use the big sturdy bolt to help keep the mount secure doesnā€™t help. I could swap the front and back hangers & buy two big bolts I need but would have ugly marks from the mounts on my front truck lol.

One day Iā€™ll look at different mount options

4 Likes

What promo code do I use, how much discount

3 Likes

Hi @Jonathan_Leak
Already on just go to the website
You donā€™t need any code
Kind regard

3 Likes

thicc sticks do cause an issue with chain but only happens on occasion, a thicc stick did also cause a lock up on the same ride that broke the shaft

1 Like

Two weeks latešŸ¤£ but I have one and love it actually. Super smooth and actually doesnā€™t sound like a snare drum going down the street. I threw some ownboard hubs on it for the hell of it. Building it out now properly. @ShutterShock

3 Likes

When it looks as muddy as this to begin with, you never need to clean it. Genius!

2 Likes

heheheeheā€¦its like soldering wires and recognize after finish soldering everything went perfect except the forgotten heat shrinks :grin: :expressionless:

3 Likes

That is a very attractive price God dam it haha. I so donā€™t need it right now but itā€™s so tempting!

1 Like

Didnā€™t realize you had a bro :sunglasses:
Whatā€™s the plan?? Motors batteries?

2 Likes

The plan is battery wise, 12S8P of p42a if DBS can get that to fit in the box if not 7P, going to get 5.20 BN gears and motors Iā€™m still wondering that myself. So many choices of stuff and flip flop HARD.

2 Likes

Nice :call_me_hand: you got your cruiser and a off-road jumping beast :sunglasses:

1 Like

Do itttt. Reminds me I need to get my bro deck swapped on to my jump setup to see what all this hype is about.

2 Likes

Yes please letā€™s us know the difference between your mbs and Bro :call_me_hand:

1 Like

I saw all your pics and decided they all look awesome so I had to see what all the off road hype was about too :metal:

3 Likes

The motors, Iā€™m still deciding on, TB6380 190kv, BN 6384 190kv and flipsky BH 63100 190kv

2 Likes

Mbs deck is staying put. The other board is getting the deck swap :grin:

1 Like

Why 190kv for your mountain board isnā€™t that a little high maybe 170kv @rusins what kv would you use for the Bro

3 Likes

Yeah Iā€™m at 200kv on my mtb and I have to crank the motor amps to get good torque and Iā€™m pretty light. Iā€™d shoot a bit lower if you want ankle breaking torque.

I need the speed

5 Likes

Personally on my mountainboard Iā€™m rocking the highest possible ratio and lowest possible kv because I want to prioritize torque over everything :laughing:

Nothing wrong with 190kv though; gear ratio is what matters most. (his ratio of 5.2 is higher than most anyway) Especially if your ESC can push out more current than your motor can handle ā€“ then higher kv will be slightly more efficient for the motor :slight_smile:

5 Likes

This is good to know thank you :blush:

1 Like