šŸ–¼ Reply to ā€œPictures and nothing elseā€ thread_2020_summer

It looks like a cartoon giant grabbed your leg :flushed:

What happened?

2 Likes

Broke tibia and fibula falling off my backfire g3. I now have a titanium rod in my leg :confused:

6 Likes

Ouch dude. Good feels and fast heals.

3 Likes

Thanks buddy :slight_smile: saddest part was I was gonna get the next flux motion board when the pre sale went live. Now Iā€™m probably not skating for a yearā€¦

2 Likes

Some enclosures have now meassures on my website already, Iā€™m working on the rest boss

5 Likes

Always wonder if colorblind people hate this kind of joke

7 Likes

Kami Juins inspired build?

4 Likes

Did you try spinning the tire a round the hub?

3 Likes

Welcome to the club. Did you fall off a cliff? I got hit by a car and flipped and skidded through a large intersection and broke my tib/fib. Iā€™m at six months post surgery and biking almost daily to regain movement and strength. I can ride a board, tried for the first time three weeks ago, but left turns are somewhat hard (heel side) due to muscle atrophy, itā€™s harder to control. Good luck on the recovery!

8 Likes

I could have, but then the MBS logo wouldnā€™t match up with the valve stem, which it does on the other 3 tires.

2 Likes

Chop the valve stem off. Problem solved.

7 Likes

Thanks for the advice! I am not exactly sure what happened but my board came out from under me at a rather slow speed. Not 20m from my front door.

I am glad to hear about you back doing activities after 6 months. I keep getting varied information. All I know is Iā€™m 1 week into this injury and I have a long way to go. But Iā€™m optimistic :slight_smile:

7 Likes

Iā€™m at 5 months after I needed my left hip pinned and now have a titanium rod in. I can ride, but like Mike stated, the strength is not there yet.

Wishing you a speedy one, dude!

6 Likes

I wrote this to someone else on April 12, 2021. Good reference for anyone who has a tib/fib fracture I guess

"Took a look at my planner where I log my progress.

The first two weeks were the worst, every time I get up it felt like blood was rushing into the injured bits and stretching out the bone and skin, The doctor took of my splint and gave me a boot at my 2 week check up when the staples were removed. It helped a lot when moving around as it prevented the pain thatā€™s there when soft healing bones shifts before it hardens.

Stayed in bed with leg elevated most of the time for the first month.

I was on crutches from week 2 up until week 11 where I started using a cane (remember to have the cane on you good side when walking).

Week 6, I was able to comfortably drive (I broke the left leg) and hobble around to get groceries. Always wearing compression sock and the boot when Iā€™m out and moving just as a protection from bumps. Compression sock all day until bed time.

Week 11, put away the crutches and started using a cane, also when I stopped using the boot.

Week 12, I stopped using a shower chair, I was using it to swiveling in and out of the tub before standing up on the good leg.

At the end of week 14, I was limping around without a cane and just had it with me just in case.

Week 15 I was walking up and down the stairs one step at a time holding railings (remember to go UP using the GOOD leg first, go DOWN with the BAD leg first.

Week 16 I officially stopped having the cane near me and was limping around.

Week 17 I actually took a road trip to the Redwoods up north and was perfectly fine with the 11 hour drive with a few short stops. I even hiked (slowly) the whole week, canā€™t climb over boulders thoughā€¦get and wear COMPRESSION SOCKS!!! Keeps the swelling down.

Week18 I started riding an analog bike again to work on building the atrophied leg muscles back up. I can only ride on flat grounds since I shouldnā€™t push that hard yet

Week 20 I was walking with noticeably less limp. I can pass for normal if I took smaller steps!
"

May 15, 2021: Iā€™m at week 25 now (6 months + 1 Week), I biked a total of 70 miles this past week. I can stand and balance on the bad leg for a long time and not feel where the break was, I just noticed this on Tuesday. Going up the stairs has been normal, but going down is still both leg on the same step before starting the next step. If tried to do it normal, itā€™s a small hop. Hope this helps

7 Likes

This is really kind of you to provide. Iā€™ve never broken a bone and this whole experience has been painful and terrifying. I get people want to give good news but itā€™s so much better to know whatā€™s actually going to happen during my recovery.

I am not getting a boot apparently and I tried walking on crutches for the first time yesterday. The pain had me in tears within minutes. This doesnā€™t seem to be on the same schedule as you so Iā€™m not going to dwell on the fact I can nearly move at the moment.

I just wanted to go out for a skate :confused: this whole experience sucks

5 Likes

Youā€™re only on week one, I felt the same way. Itā€™s so bad trying to move around that first month.

5 Likes

zip ties

3 Likes

You did not use the offcuts to set the space right between the hexagons did you

2 Likes

I didā€¦ But it was a sloppy attempt and it was all flopping aroundā€¦

2 Likes

21 Likes