šŸ–¼ Reply to ā€œPictures and nothing elseā€ thread_2020_summer

This is ABS. Iā€™m actually really surprised by how sturdy it feels. This one is a prototype that I printed to check the fit. I just finished designing it.

5 Likes

Itā€™s cool bro, yeah it probably feels strong but those are some high stress areas lol

Lmao I was thinking about designing something like this for my street board to help me turn tighterā€¦ Have you tried it yet? How strong is it??

1 Like

You should give a look at the Yobis thread

2 Likes

I have some free-bord binding that I picked up years ago. People always ask me about them and I donā€™t think you can currently buy them, so I figured Iā€™d try to design some that could be 3D printed.

This design is fresh off the printer. I havenā€™t tried them out yet and the weather is shit today. Hopefully, sometime this week. They do feel super strong.

4 Likes

I can vouch for this, I witnessed it in action myself. Instant bond so make sure you have whatever youā€™re bonding where you want it before you press it together.

3 Likes

you can buy them, but they arenā€™t selling the hardware to affix it to the board. which is the plate and some other things.

1 Like

why did I even bother building my own metal deck. I want one now

7 Likes

ya those look interesting donā€™t they. I wonder if they really are recycled from beer cans? any why isnā€™t anyone else making a metal deck?

3 Likes

I would assume there arenā€™t many people making metal decks because of the vibrations you get while riding

I just got one of these but donā€™t have the wheels yet. The slip that it comes with says theyā€™re made of recycled aluminum and plastics

1 Like

Looks good!
Did you put the fg on the bottom end layer?

A few others have been doing it for a while.

threesix downhill [link]
scissorflip [link]
rogers brothers [link]
aluminati boards [link]

These guys are the ones I know of.
I have one from ThreeSix, but I havenā€™t electrified it yet. Iā€™ll have to try it out eventually, though.

4 Likes

Wouldnā€™t aluminum be a poor choice for flexible boards? IIRC thereā€™s a definite fatigue limit to aluminum where it will snap, compared to something like steel which will reach a point where repeated flexing wouldnā€™t degrade it further.

1 Like

Yeah, you wouldnā€™t want to make it flexible.

1 Like

Iā€™m sure iā€™ve seen someone with a red aluminium deck on his build arround here

Edit : nailed it : Onsra 115mm airless wheel quick review.
Thatā€™s a threesix

2 Likes

Fucking rad :sunglasses:

4 Likes

Thanks!. Fg on the bottom for now. Will Fg top too once Iā€™ve installed threaded inserts for enclosure

2 Likes

Amazing how it looks invisible on the second picture, well done mate.

1 Like

Ah yes, I must admit thatā€™s my bad uploading pics out of order. It can look invisible if using clear epoxy as Iā€™ve done another deck like that. This one however will get a few more thin coats and be black.

1 Like

Ahahaha thanks for your honesty.

2 Likes