šŸ–¼ Reply to ā€œPictures and nothing elseā€ thread_2020_summer

I have always said, it is better to be lucky than it is to be goodā€¦

2 Likes

So @Andy87
Earlier in the day yesterday I did something differentā€¦
I put the board in my car and drive to a park to ride a mountain bike specific trail.

It was crazy hardā€¦
Narrowā€¦ Twisty and rocky as hellā€¦
Pictures donā€™t do it justice.

I had to walk next to my board and pick it up a bunch of timesā€¦

And in no time I was drenched in sweat.

But it was kind of fun and definitely a challenge I want to explore moreā€¦

The chain broke in the familiar trailer near my houseā€¦
And I was able to ride back with just one chain no problemsā€¦

3 Likes

Butā€¦ You said i was your bigger fanā€¦

2 Likes

You are my onlyfan :kissing_heart:

2 Likes

That sounds like a great mtb session :grinning_face_with_smiling_eyes::ok_hand::+1:

2 Likes

3d printed?

1 Like

Yessir.

2 Likes

It looks super clean! What material and 3df?

2 Likes

I might consider printing in ABS and vapor sealing them to increase strength, especially with that layer orientation

2 Likes

This is ABS. Iā€™m actually really surprised by how sturdy it feels. This one is a prototype that I printed to check the fit. I just finished designing it.

5 Likes

Itā€™s cool bro, yeah it probably feels strong but those are some high stress areas lol

Lmao I was thinking about designing something like this for my street board to help me turn tighterā€¦ Have you tried it yet? How strong is it??

1 Like

You should give a look at the Yobis thread

2 Likes

I have some free-bord binding that I picked up years ago. People always ask me about them and I donā€™t think you can currently buy them, so I figured Iā€™d try to design some that could be 3D printed.

This design is fresh off the printer. I havenā€™t tried them out yet and the weather is shit today. Hopefully, sometime this week. They do feel super strong.

4 Likes

I can vouch for this, I witnessed it in action myself. Instant bond so make sure you have whatever youā€™re bonding where you want it before you press it together.

3 Likes

you can buy them, but they arenā€™t selling the hardware to affix it to the board. which is the plate and some other things.

1 Like

why did I even bother building my own metal deck. I want one now

7 Likes

ya those look interesting donā€™t they. I wonder if they really are recycled from beer cans? any why isnā€™t anyone else making a metal deck?

3 Likes

I would assume there arenā€™t many people making metal decks because of the vibrations you get while riding

I just got one of these but donā€™t have the wheels yet. The slip that it comes with says theyā€™re made of recycled aluminum and plastics

1 Like

Looks good!
Did you put the fg on the bottom end layer?