🖼 Reply to “Pictures and nothing else” thread_2020_summer

This is my nightmare

3 Likes

mine too :frowning: :frowning:

3 Likes

:eggplant:

1 Like

I think you and i have had the same train of thought. I think I’m going to risk sealing on the wire insulation rather than the connector directly.

What did you use to cement the connectors to the enclosure? You think a closed cell foam gasket will be enough to go right over top, or are you going to try to cut out a section around your connector bank (lol)?

I’m really curious to see your writing diagram. All the accessories

3 Likes

I was gonna do this, but then I was reading the waterproofing thread, and @b264 advised against doing so, instead to do this. I said fuck it. I’ve seen the conditions that guy rides in, and if it works for him, there’s probably some gravity in his methodology.

So with enough JB weld to make Brian proud, I made that mess. I’ve had to redo all my connectors, and I’m yet to see how well it’ll fit on the board now
Going to use butyl tape to seal everything up, so thinking a thin bit about that section should be enough. We’ll see.

I’ll draw one up!

2 Likes

7 Likes

So it tooks me a while to understand what was happening here.

First of all i saw an half cm gap between baseplate and hanger (on the oposite side) and was not able to figure how comes it bended this much without breaking the kinping.

Then after all i took my callipers to double check this “miracle”, it happears that all of the external dimensions were the same as the other truck.
At this point i got really confused…

that’s only by chance that i saw the other side of the trucks when checking my motors after my daily comunte :
what’s happend is the brass part between the baseplate and the hanger broke in pieces due to the amount of torque,
That let the hanger in direct contact with the baseplate, it grinded a good 5mm of (steel ?) metal.
That’s a freaking miracle it didn’t broke yet

5 Likes

What were the crowds like?
I tried the Hudson Greenway this afternoon instead of the CP loop and it was a frakkin’ zoo out there. Not doing that again! Dawn runs only for me as the weather gets nicer.

2 Likes

yeahhhh so it was pretty wild, those the crazy people on citi bikes​:crazy_face::gun:

it was fun but can’t go flat out for more than a few seconds

hudson is probably a better idea

4 Likes

OMG…the CitiBikes. I thought they were such a great idea until I started sharing the paths/road with them and seeing how many were swerving all over the place, going the wrong direction, etc. :scream:

North of 96th Street on the CP loop is usually pretty empty though and those sharp turns and the smooth road are great.

5 Likes

LOL same boat

there were people riding them the wrong way in the bike lane today, it was a mess, real crazy, but nice weather so i wasn’t going to miss the opportunity

2 Likes

Oh noooo… :frowning:

2 Likes

sorry man ^^" i didn’t go easy on them ^^

1 Like

I don’t know if you noticed but a box seems to have attached itself to your board.

All joking aside you got any pictures of the inside that looks pretty neat :slight_smile:

3 Likes

It really really really resembles this board while analog.

It is going to be fun to toy around with.

6 Likes

@Ricco, I like your battery enclosure in the background. What do you do for mounting? Looks like you mount/unmount pretty easily

1 Like

Thanks! I designed some 3D printed guides that clip to the deck and lock the battery in place when the two 2" velcro straps are pulled tight. They also act as wire channels for my headlights and DAVEga X.

7 Likes

Looks like a perfect fit

2 Likes

oh I also saw 2 literal motorcycles come in! most bazaar thing

2 Likes

Noob question, what is the added benefit of placing all the electronics and weight in the back apart from raised clearance? Better turning since all the weight is in the back? I saw Trampa selling similar boards and was confused by the design choice.