🖼 Reply to “Pictures and nothing else” thread_2020_summer

Do you have a link for the tail light? And/or an equivalent for front white lights?

1 Like

This is one reason it is scary to make a giant battery and then run it without a BMS
:scream:
So easy to ruin it.

This idea I like a lot

Just a voltage alarm built into the pack too seems like a good idea.

3 Likes

I used this tail light with the brake light wired to be always on for extra brightness.

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B07QNN17J5/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_search_asin_title?ie=UTF8&psc=1

and this buck converter for stepping down the 12s to 12v

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0836QF3XT/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_search_asin_title?ie=UTF8&psc=1

combined cost is $14! Totally worth it.

Edit: Unfortunately no white verison but I just used a 7" LED bar and a custom 3D printed and Aluminum mount for the front

I had one of these with two tilt sensors to trigger the turning indicators.

AU $1.14 | 10PCS SW-200D SW200D Ball Switch SW 200D Tilt Angle Sensor Switch Angle Switch

Add one between 12v+ and R+ and one on L+ there is a ball bearing that closes the circuit when it is tilted more than a few degrees. I tilted them 5 degrees each in opposite directions then set them in a small block of silicon worked well until the led came loose mid ride so I cut it off and left it in the dirt.

3 Likes

Tell me more.
Do you have a build thread for this one? :slightly_smiling_face:

4 Likes

What is this, how much does it weigh, and where’s the handle?

4 Likes

It only weights a few octets I’m afraid, just testing my new rendering engine :slight_smile:
I could add a handle indeed ^^

9 Likes

Man that looks incredible! I really thought it wasn’t a render at first :grin:

4 Likes

Wow, At first I thought it was a render, then I got fooled because I thought surely you wouldn’t render on a background with cigarette butts

You got me

5 Likes

Ahah
thanks guys
Yeah the cigarette butts make all the difference :wink:

BTW rendered with the FREE Blender software :heart_eyes:

7 Likes

I love them all but these 2 are my favorites :star_struck:

17 Likes

u might as well fund @BenjaminF’s MR69 design instead of waiting :rofl:

4 Likes

Last I checked, that was abandonware

1 Like

probably :man_shrugging:t2:

Has anyone done a low voltage alarm?
Assuming you have access to 2-8S from the battery use that in combination with

1 Like

Problem with these ones is that either you have to find someway to disconnect all pins or manually plug it in or out every time

Will look for something that only measures the pack full voltage, might even use the arduono I have on the board already and just add a buzzer and a few more lines of code

1 Like

Are you keeping your bms in a cryogenic environment by any chance?

2 Likes

Not yet. Trying to get the rest of the deck done in the next few days, then I’ll start a build post. Wasn’t sure if I could actually mill the aluminum pieces or not but they are done. So hopefully it will be done and moving in the next couple of weeks. Thanks

2 Likes

He might be implementing super conductors into esk8

1 Like

Nah, I am one of those guys who likes to live dangerously by not connecting a 10 cent worth NTC thermistor. :nerd_face:

3 Likes