3 Likes

He looked like a verrrry friendly guy.

2 Likes
3 Likes

12S17P, 50G cells, 3600Wh, 83Ah for trampa board, 4x4

6 Likes

Damn talk about a ranger

Here it is in action:

It’s made so that everything fits together without glueing. Only two pairs of bolts and nuts are required.

Edit: Uploaded to Thingiverse:

31 Likes

That’s genius!

7 Likes

So cool! Also can probably turn it on with your foot if you’re lazy :smiley:

9 Likes

I’ve always wanted an esk8 that I can kick-start like a dirt bike :joy:

8 Likes

Thought about doing this, but worried that the key could just “rest” in the socket accidentally and close the circuit (only just). Valid concern?

1 Like

Sure, it’s a valid concern. I have considered it.

It won’t happen while the board is resting.

It may happen when you’re moving the board. If you’re moving it by hand, that’s not really a concern since you’re holding it and you’re in control.

If you’re moving it in your boot, for example, that’s a little concern. Still, even if it gets accidentally turned on, no major disaster will happen as long as your remote is off.

I personally almost never carry my board in my car. If I were to do it, I would probably print a simple part that locks the switch in the open position, which is simple and solves the problem.

1 Like

Seems like a little spring-loaded mechanical unlock button could do wonders for that

3 Likes

@BenjaminF @brown5tick @SabreDynamics

An Aussie bloke is doing some work in this space now… This just came up in my feed.

2 Likes

Ooh! I like that battery enclosure! Simple but elegant. Like the timeless monolith. Sleek. Nobbly bits. :thinking:

“Base and sides are a one piece black cast aluminium”
Sounds quality. I wonder how much it weighs.

…but so sad that, at 250 x 250, it’s not going to be the salvation that @BenjaminF needs for his 12s11p 21700. :wink:

Is this self-proclaimed Nomad on the forum?

@Nomad maybe?

Lol. Not mine.

1 Like

This is just an electronics box that’s had the cast lid replaced with carbon and some PC thumbscrews.

bet it weighs a fair amount

3 Likes

Buddy designed me a box his been just making them to fit the assortment of lipos we use.

There’s a inside lip so hard for water to get from there. My xt90 are the only issue for water

5 Likes

@Brently
So dude. What is this thing like to ride?

3 Likes

Oh snap!!!

2 Likes