🖼 Reply to “Pictures and nothing else” thread_2020_summer

I’ve recently had this experience with my maytech V2 in congested areas (I think) and it’s quite startling

3 Likes

I’m using the trampa wand with the upgraded receiver and i’m battling both signal issues and throttle sending garbage data every once in a critical brake. Thankfully a warranty is a warranty and they actually replace the remote internals right now

Btw, best practice i found is to ease the throttle and only push about 10% in the direction i want to go. I can feel when signal catches on again and won’t fall when it does happen suddenly

1 Like

Yeah well I love mashing the throttle because it’s fun

It is not fun if it disconnects while braking though, which has happened to me, and even less fun when accelerating (only once)

The problem is, I have had disconnects both near cell towers, and also in places where I could not see an obvious cell tower

2 Likes

Wait till it gets stuck accelerating, even just for half a second more than you intended. Heart attack right there.

Water seems to be like a mirror for signal, so take that into consideration as well

4 Likes

That happened yesterday lol it wasn’t cool, thankfully I had my knees bent in proper riding ready stance

2 Likes

@fessyfoo The wear on those tires looks really uneven, is that 'cause you are hammering around really hard, or do you think they could be better with different pressure? Perhaps they just go that way? Looks like they’re generally a wide flat contact patch.

2 Likes

they look flatter when they are off the rim.
but I may have been running them higher pressure from a group ride trying to get range, I didn’t check em last two times on thet rack. (lame)

and yes I kill them hammering around hard turns on short course practice track.

5 Likes

@frame That little pikachu logo is super cool

2 Likes

the pikachu also reflects different colour, i just tilt it to show green, which goes pretty well with the 100% electric sticker
u can get them here:

shipping takes forever, just a headsup for ya

4 Likes

I think to remind me that its some kind of open secret with VX2.
Am I wrong?
Just the VX1 is reliable even its a cheap remote, but VX2? NOOO!

2 Likes

Does this crazy remote shit happen on basically every remote except the puck?

1 Like

Never had a single issue with my GT2B either

I can’t even see enjoying the puck though. And in addition, I’d lose control of my lighting that I have on the MTv2

3 Likes

Have you ever tried any Photo-curing resin for battle hardening before? If you use a strong uv light it hardens almost instantly.

1 Like

Bought it, thank you⚡️

1 Like

Never tried it

got the same one
it kinda works but with a bit of force the bolts will come out

Well that’s how medium loctite is supposed to work :rofl:

3 Likes

yeah i guess never used legit medium though
only legit strong

Same, only used the green legit one. Which i was only able to get off with a torch.

1 Like

yeah same
eitherway the fake medium is ok but def nothing which is gonna stop bolts from ever moving

1 Like