🖼 Reply to “Pictures and nothing else” thread_2020_summer

Spill the beans, Hortense.

2 Likes

There is a certain “thing” that works on 23.46 (I don’t have the older firmwares, and it doesn’t matter), but it doesn’t exist in vedder firmware…I think

2 Likes

9000000 microAh
Or 9000 miliAh, in ideal conditions, probably, maybe, by some sort of luck

Might have to do the same. Would you share - how thick / material / link?

1 Like

This Deck looks insane

6 Likes

holy shit man, what happen :scream:

7 Likes

what happened man

2 Likes

Was going about 30kmh on my normal route then suddenly signal cutout and came back as I was on about 40% throttle it threw me off and decided to go for a swim :joy:

Battery was in the sea for about 10-15min and the only damage was on the unity which burned more than the battery.

So dunking your battery in sea water is actually quite safe haha

17 Likes

ah sorry man
is it all gone?
you opened it yet

Opened it up on the spot
Took the battery out on the street and my skate home

Actually tried to set it on fire by hitting it aggainst the floor and kicking it but these cells are quite safe or its been built super duper safely by me :joy:

18 Likes

oh no, not the salty water… :frowning_face:
seems like the signal cutout was really short time and it shot off like a rocket?

3 Likes

sorry man
out of interest can you try esting the battery in a safe environment
would be interesting to see

1 Like

Yea it was short but it didnt blast off but instead just cruised and when it connected back my finger was still on throttle and it continued accelerating

My guess the battery is still alive because of the heatshrink around it kept the water out quite good

5 Likes

ah cool
esc and motors and etc?
sorry man
switched now my boards to hoyt puck and its insane

gotcha, hope u r able to salvage other parts. u got other working board to keep riding?

1 Like

I got the exact same behaviour with the vx1, vx2 and trampa wand around some self driving trains (docklands light railway in london) and many busy places.
It basically goes like 40 40 40 ? ? ? ? 40 40 40. Sometimes those “?” Continue to accelerate, sometimes they turn to neutral, but i found only the wand and vx2 to self recover from that. Vx1 just pumps the last known signal until the timeout (default 1000ms in vesc tool) and then refuses to connect.
Maybe reducing that value can make the ride safer overall? As it will cut the input faster than 1 second if nothing readable comes from the remote

5 Likes

Yeah doood, that looks good :star_struck:
Pls tell me more, what deck is that?
How is it done? Bamboo? :open_mouth:

I had gotten some 3/8s off amazon and was the hard stuff… Did not work well because I needed.to tackle different heights…
Ran to ace hardware and got this expanding stuff that goes from 1/4 inch to.1 inch.

Does not look as nice as the hard stuff… But worked well in my situation.

Stuff from Amazon.
https://smile.amazon.com/gp/aw/d/B074771ZNN?psc=1&ref=ppx_pop_mob_b_asin_title

Stuff from Ace.

4 Likes

This is a road with empty houses on one side, and on the other is sea, no stop lights or speed camera in the next 1.5km
The wires have been epoxied in place so they didn’t disconnect themselves from vibration, this is just the product’s fault.

Im not giving this remote another chance, flipsky and me are done.

9 Likes

time for a puck

5 Likes