šŸ–¼ Reply to ā€œPictures and nothing elseā€ thread_2020_summer

Best decision ever. Nobody needs interference, dropout or buffering issues in their life.

3 Likes

I like that sweet heart, too.
:heart_eyes:

1 Like

Thereā€™s nothing more ring clenching than a drop out.
Saying that i have had a maytech in that board for 2 years and its been good overall. I am still not convinced its not a bms related issue. I have not had to open that enclosure since I built it so its time for a strip down.

2 Likes

Either way bro, rest and heal up, dislocation sucks.

1 Like

Can confirm after seven or so shoulder dislocations, they suck big time. First was violent at the bottom of a 25ā€™ waterfall. Iā€™ll never forget that February Sunday on the side of the creek trying to put it back in. Iā€™m good at it now.

Do the rehab every damn day. I can tell the difference in mine 15-17 years later if I do the rehab on a regular basis. If not shit gets loose and more likely to come out.

3 Likes

@kook I call first order on one of those :heart_eyes:

2 Likes

It will be a whileā€¦ Iā€™ve almost got the deck profile where I want itā€¦ I need more acceleration ramp and a bit more rise on the rearā€¦

then the coreā€¦ then the enclosure, then all thatā€™s left is making this shit! spacing out the 3-links to get good ride height now, then Iā€™ll fukk with the nose and tail shape

5 Likes

Iā€™ve got all the time in the world manā€¦ Remember to make cutouts for the 3link rode to come through for height adjustments! Why the camber in the middle of the deck?

1 Like

that camber adds torsional rigidity

3 Likes

Ahhh ok, was just askin since itā€™ll be harder to put a battery in there :slightly_smiling_face: That deck looks so nice :heart_eyes:

1 Like

shhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhushā€¦ the core and board will be flat bottomā€¦ Iā€™m only filling it with foamā€¦ like surfing board foamā€¦ encapsulated in glass fibreā€¦ donā€™t stress little oneā€¦ Itā€™ll all be thereā€¦ Iā€™ve only got a couple of hours in on this presently!

3 Likes

Yumā€¦ Surfboard Foam is flexy goodness :slightly_smiling_face:

3 Likes

lightā€¦ cheapā€¦ rigidā€¦ just like meā€¦

4 Likes

and needs lots of shaping to be fit for purpose

4 Likes

the deck is only 3 plies thick in CAD right nowā€¦

here is something like where the battery will sitā€¦ about 15mm below lowest profile

2 Likes

is this sparta?

2 Likes

IT IS NOW!

:grin::grin::grin:

5 Likes

@kook at it again :crazy_face:

4 Likes

That was Al
@glyphiks

:crazy_face: :crazy_face: :crazy_face:

3 Likes