šŸ–¼ Reply to ā€œPictures and nothing elseā€ thread_2020_summer

I mean, it could be?

2 Likes

This is probably only funny to me but I hear that in the tone of the blues brothers line:

weā€™re putting the band back together

Weā€™re on a mission from god

5 Likes

LMAO :rofl:

1 Like

Have you tried making a simple enclosure out of cardboard? I recently had a bit of peeling on a big print and used scrap cardboard with a clear window to keep the temp even.

3 Likes

3600 for a day its like hotel in Abu Dabi but with better view

so when you live hospital and you see invoice next to do is shoot yourself in a head

3 Likes

That flux hits right in the feels :heart_eyes:
Is that a skin or griptape?

4 Likes

Thanks dude.
It is grip tape from splattergoat.

6 Likes

They make such nice stuff

2 Likes

Guess I need to check mine now too lol

8 Likes

Probably a good idea. BTW I didnt mean to post mine as a response to yours haha. Your post popped up as I was clicking the button on mine. Not calling you out, just a coincidence :sweat_smile:

This is brand new out of the box. A customer sent it to me to change the MR60 to bullets and to put the proper XT90 on. Pretty lame that Jason cant even get decent soldering on his ā€œupgradedā€ modelā€¦

Plus those connectors look like they got dug out of the spare parts bin in the basement of the Enertion MassiveWanker headquarters.

@Mawzie Iā€™ll be fixing those solder joints for you when I put the proper connectors on. Iā€™ll also check the soldering on the PCB to make sure those are solid, and re-do them if needed. I inspected the PCB and I couldnā€™t see any solder balls or poorly mounted SMT components, so the PCB house seems to still be doing their job well. Just the final assembly team who needs better QC.

9 Likes

Lol thatā€™s fine, it was kind of funny.

Mine is also brand new as shown, and in the new pics I posted you can see that mine is also a bit below par. My connectors do look new, the damage is from me wrenching the back shells off lol

This came from factory in shenzhen using FedEx. I was impressed how quickly it came. Order was entered into their system on the 10th and I got it today, the 14th

Iā€™m gonna send the pics to Jason and see what he thinks

I donā€™t think any of the joints would actually break, but it really isnā€™t to the quality of soldering that Iā€™d do myself

3 Likes

I gave all of these here a good tug and they are all solid. But not what I would call a ā€œproper electrical connectionā€ for some thing that will be carrying more than 80A at times.

2 Likes

they canā€™t even get that right smh

2 Likes

When told that he has used the wrong gender of connector for an ESC, he insisted that he is an ā€œinnovatorā€ who is making esk8 safer by using the antispark :man_facepalming:

5 Likes

Yeah mine are all solid too. I donā€™t think Iā€™ll do much to them except maybe re-melt the loop key ones and add a bit more solder. Thereā€™s no cracking when you bend the cables and I am pretty sure the burned bits is just burnt flux. Iā€™d give the solder job a 6/10 or so

I donā€™t even mind having the anti spark connector on here since I havenā€™t built the battery yet and will probably use the internal anti spark on the unity

If anything the XT-90s just protects the unityā€™s own antispark system lmao

2 Likes

i thought the original unity already has the antispark feature? unless he pulled that out to save cost for whatever reason, but stillā€¦female side should be on power side :confused:

2 Likes

it does but weā€™ve seen it die in the past

band aid fix imo

1 Like

Sure, but it requires that your battery has a male connector, which is super dangerous as they are far easier to short than the female.

2 Likes

At least you guys are getting more safe and more powerā€¦

1 Like

Ah yeah I get what you mean. Definitely easier to short, especially for the average noobie. Obviously none of us would make that mistake unknowingly but I didnā€™t think of that

2 Likes