šŸ–¼ Reply to ā€œPictures and nothing elseā€ thread_2020_summer

Ah that looks pretty nice still. I have MR60 on my ESC right now so now I need to decide if I am gonna switch these to MR60 or switch the ESC back to bullets lol

1 Like

Interested in how this pans out. I got some 190kv 84s and the cogging force is pretty darn low. Lower than the 170kv 74s or 140kv 54s.

juice

4 Likes

Interestingā€¦ This is definitely the highest cog torque motor Iā€™ve felt. Granted Iā€™ve never turned a 6374 by hand except an sk3

I feel like we should summon Hummie to tell us what this means :rofl:

5 Likes

High cogging torque usually means higher core losses, but not always

You have two components to core losses, hysteresis and Eddie losses, the first one is is a constant torque that is independent of rpm, the second increases linearly with rpm

So only spinning it by hand doesnā€™t tell much, you need to measure both to see what motor is more efficient for a given rpm

Example, comparing the TB6355 with some cheap no brand 6355. The TB one has a hysteresis torque much lower than the cheap ones, but the rate of which the Eddie loss torque increases is way higher than the cheap one

So, only considering core losses, up to a rpm point the TB6355 is more efficient than the cheap one, and then it turns. I havenā€™t compared both, but if Iā€™m not mistaken this point is above the rpm of what we usually use the motors, so the TB wins

8 Likes

What deck is this?

Rayne Killswitch 38"

3 Likes

Sold out everywhere :sob:

I would like to subscribe to your newsletter and/or blog. Good shit man!

1 Like

Lets make a sk8 technical workshop on the Carve PDX, I think a few more people would join it

Iā€™ve found only one
https://holyboardshop.com/rayne-killswitch-drop

1 Like

I wish i wasnā€™t poor. This deck looks so comfortable!

Yes, it is, I really like it
Iā€™ve bought a used one on eBay for 90 Euro

1 Like

So you got footage of the crash?

3 Likes

Craaap. dude. hope youā€™re ok.

7 Likes

@Mikenopolis
I feel ya on that man!

I snapped my humerus snowboarding a few years back. When the nurse was cutting off my beloved jacket I stone cold face asked her ā€œYouā€™re going to sew that back, right?ā€
Made for a good laugh all hopped up on dilauded.
Hope youā€™re getting some good rest, those first moments in the morning suck!
Heal up dude!

3 Likes

Sadly no footage. The battery had died a few miles back. Iā€™m saddest about the expensive hoodie. I had ZERO upper body injuries. Flatland 3D gloves prevented hand and wrist injuries

The scariest thing about this was it happened on Saturday morning which is my usual spandex, half shell helmet road bike riding day. For some reason I decided to switch my weekend morning rides around this time and had a lot more protection. I wouldā€™ve made the same turn.

13 Likes

Got any footage of you in spandex?:kissing_heart:

1 Like

They exist. Looks like a trash bag thatā€™s stuffed too full

4 Likes

If you could pm some to me that would be great.
It will make your leg feel better.

1 Like