🖼 Reply to “Pictures and nothing else” thread_2020_summer

Go Dodgers :v:

5 Likes

Looks super nice! :wink: What are those fixtures. They look a bit like mod vise form NYCNC… :thinking:

3 Likes

yes, exactly. For what I neeeded was way too expesive from US, plus it would have be all imperial size for space, bolts, pipns ecc…basically a nightmare. So I asked a friend to help me out. Was a good 6 months between design, manufacturing (difficult parts and tollerance, moreover if who makes them is not who designed them and has all the critical aspects in mind).
So I made the fixture plate to fit both the modular vises nad the 4 inch vises I use. Plus with the head and column spacer I increased the Y travel. Air strut to remove load to the ball bearings and other small things to make it more functional. Overall really happy for the result :blush:
Big help was to invest the time in an actual model of the CNC

2 Likes

Wow impressive! Any chance you’ll produce more of those and sell :slight_smile: ?

1 Like

Not right now, I really wanted something low profile because you gain so much more capability and Z travel. In future I will probably start to sell all the parts to upgrade small VMC and router. What I have been designed and used over the years.
After seen the time and the quality material that goes into those, I think the price from NYCCNC is good. I won’t be able to sell those for much less. I also made the mitee bites inserts for those. I mean those little piece of steel are more expensive than the vises :grin: I tried to buy them but nahhhh

The sexiest deck since The Acoustic except with an engraved brass fucking nameplate… and a Latin name!? That’s some classy highbrow shit, man!

8 Likes

And a led stripe in the middle baby!

I still need a final laque epoxy layer, then fritt it. Hope it turns out as nice as yours!

5 Likes

Christ, man. Frit on that is almost sacrilegious. What’s the plan?

…and thanks! :pray:

2 Likes

I have clear,cola and beer colour, ill see what works best :rofl:

Will you try and place the frit to emphasize the wood grain or something? It’ll be much more difficult on your deck than in my humble experience though…

4 Likes

I should find a way to do that yeah, thanks for the great example!

2 Likes

Can’t wait to see that led strip lit up as well! :laughing:

1 Like

M other J ookin’ F aulker. das a nice print. :slight_smile:

5 Likes

What are your first impressions dude?

I just mounted mine tonight. I have not powered them yet.

3 Likes

First impressions?

1. They look excellent, no rust spots or anything like that, overall manufacturing quality and consistency is good.

2. Sensor wires and phase wires are a great length, shouldn’t have any issues on most setups.

3. The phase / sensor wires come with a preinstalled mesh sleeve, which looks really nice and is sealed at both ends with adhesive heat shrink tubing.

4. They have quite high cogging force when turning by hand, to me, feels like they will be really torquey.

5. The shiny logo looks really cool in my opinion, and the finish and smooth angles on the motors look nice.

6. Very weird, one shaft has a small hole in the end of it on both sides, and the other one doesn’t… Shouldn’t affect anything but very weird. It looks like a centering hole for lathe work, which you’d think would be cut off.

Overall, very good. I think I’ll be putting them on and setting them up tomorrow. Excited to get some more torque on my hummie build, upgrading from BKB 6354 motors.

7 Likes

Oh nice. Yep bumping up to 6374 will be sweet.

Yeah the length of the wires and having the right sensor connector is super.

The mesh did not quite make it to my enclosure. So I added some best shrink…

7 Likes

Ah that looks pretty nice still. I have MR60 on my ESC right now so now I need to decide if I am gonna switch these to MR60 or switch the ESC back to bullets lol

1 Like

Interested in how this pans out. I got some 190kv 84s and the cogging force is pretty darn low. Lower than the 170kv 74s or 140kv 54s.

juice

4 Likes

Interesting… This is definitely the highest cog torque motor I’ve felt. Granted I’ve never turned a 6374 by hand except an sk3

I feel like we should summon Hummie to tell us what this means :rofl:

5 Likes