šŸ–¼ Reply to ā€œPictures and nothing elseā€ thread_2020_summer

I canā€™t believe Ikea has 130mm esk8 wheelsā€¦

8 Likes

Iā€™m totally not jealousā€¦ I donā€™t want these at allā€¦ ā€¦ :sob:

4 Likes

They are. Dex said they arenā€™t doing a production run of these though. I havenā€™t ridden them yet.

But I can tell you this ā€” the photographs donā€™t do these justice

When theyā€™re in your hands, theyā€™re fukkinā€™ massive

The first sign of how huge they are is when you go to grab one and you almost canā€™t reach across to the other side to pick it up

4 Likes

They look fucking awesome bro! I hope you like them

Send them my way when youā€™re doneā€¦ :eyes:

2 Likes

When Iā€™m done with them, there wonā€™t be anything left :rofl:

3 Likes

So So cool
But, you ever ride it barefoot :o

4 Likes

No, not yet Bro. Is a long project. Everything from scratch. All aluminum build from the outside-in. Foot measures are precise though. Is a flat pintail alum deck with no concave so I added a front footstop; has a narrow rear end, thus the need to fabricated these aluminum gas pedals (which are a must for this deck not originally conceived for elecrification, nor Esk8).

3 Likes

very cool, wait byt can you actually stand on it barefoot? Looks like a foot-grater

3 Likes

Oh yeah, of course! Is just some black grip tape over the fish bone deck. Gotta have some grip somewhere. Is slippery shiny metal all over :grin::laughing:. Footstop comes in handy. Iā€™m gonna install a rear footstop as well. Havenā€™t decided which one yet. Among some choices are one design based on a Netherskate model which @surfnacho could CNC for me; I can use anotherAlsen Trucks like the one installed up front; or one similar to that @Ean.esk8 installed on his quad motor build.

@surfnacho told me this one :point_up_2: was doable.

2 Likes

Why doesnā€™t he want to do a production run? I feel like I need these, lol.

1 Like

whatchu gonna put them on? :yum:

@Arzamenable What have we told you about using shot gun shells in your board?

1 Like

I bought a pack of those. Did you get them on Amazon?

5 Likes

@pixelsilva

looking so good!
Please donā€™t cover this beautifull aluminium with black grip tape!

3 Likes

Sexy as fuckā€¦

2 Likes

Of course not, Bro :grin:. I will change the black grip tape on the fish bone sections for clear grip so the aluminum below will be seen trough.

1 Like

need a pix of ur hand for comparison :rofl:

1 Like

I think you need a couple more lipos

6 Likes

Yup, paid like 4ā‚¬ for 5 connectors.

1 Like