šŸ–¼ Reply to ā€œPictures and nothing elseā€ thread_2020_summer

Try mouser part numbers 490-PP3-002AH and 490-PR-2155

and some epoxy. They are the best 5.5x2.1 that Iā€™ve found and donā€™t come with cheap plastic-insulated pigtails on them.

I actually received some a few days ago.

Did a 5.3A test and they held up.

2 Likes

Thatā€™s definitely a different part, but thatā€™s good to know

1 Like

Freakin BAD ASS :call_me_hand:

4 Likes

Gracias! Photo credit to RB

1 Like

Was leaving IKEA, I wanted to drop the esk8 on this and skate down it SO BADLY but I donā€™t want them telling me not to bring my esk8 inside Ikea. I just walked down like a Neanderthal, carrying the skate

13 Likes

:skateboard:

2 Likes

Photographs do not accurately convey the hugeness of these wheels. When you go to grab them and you can barely reach across them with your hand, you begin to understand how big they are :laughing:

They are ginormous

12 Likes

HOW THOUGH

Are those the TB130 prototypes?

1 Like

I canā€™t believe Ikea has 130mm esk8 wheelsā€¦

8 Likes

Iā€™m totally not jealousā€¦ I donā€™t want these at allā€¦ ā€¦ :sob:

4 Likes

They are. Dex said they arenā€™t doing a production run of these though. I havenā€™t ridden them yet.

But I can tell you this ā€” the photographs donā€™t do these justice

When theyā€™re in your hands, theyā€™re fukkinā€™ massive

The first sign of how huge they are is when you go to grab one and you almost canā€™t reach across to the other side to pick it up

4 Likes

They look fucking awesome bro! I hope you like them

Send them my way when youā€™re doneā€¦ :eyes:

2 Likes

When Iā€™m done with them, there wonā€™t be anything left :rofl:

3 Likes

So So cool
But, you ever ride it barefoot :o

4 Likes

No, not yet Bro. Is a long project. Everything from scratch. All aluminum build from the outside-in. Foot measures are precise though. Is a flat pintail alum deck with no concave so I added a front footstop; has a narrow rear end, thus the need to fabricated these aluminum gas pedals (which are a must for this deck not originally conceived for elecrification, nor Esk8).

3 Likes

very cool, wait byt can you actually stand on it barefoot? Looks like a foot-grater

3 Likes

Oh yeah, of course! Is just some black grip tape over the fish bone deck. Gotta have some grip somewhere. Is slippery shiny metal all over :grin::laughing:. Footstop comes in handy. Iā€™m gonna install a rear footstop as well. Havenā€™t decided which one yet. Among some choices are one design based on a Netherskate model which @surfnacho could CNC for me; I can use anotherAlsen Trucks like the one installed up front; or one similar to that @Ean.esk8 installed on his quad motor build.

@surfnacho told me this one :point_up_2: was doable.

2 Likes

Why doesnā€™t he want to do a production run? I feel like I need these, lol.

1 Like