šŸ–¼ Reply to ā€œPictures and nothing elseā€ thread_2020_summer

I thought it was mostly a good idea for cells that were already ruptured/shorting out and to just use normal water.

For discharging or neutralizing or fire fighting?
Water or an aqueous firefighting solution is the preferred method for putting out a li-ion fire but wonā€™t discharge a cell. I guess if the cell was open then water could dilute the nasty organic solvents inside but Iā€™d be verrrrrrry worried about handling a ruptured cell that could short or easily catch fire.

1 Like

yep thatā€™s the situation where I would put it into a bucket of water or sand hopefully.

1 Like

I keep a 5gal bucket of sand in my workshop for firefighting purposes. Throwing water on zappy zaps doesnt seem like a great idea.

Thereā€™s no metallic lithium in rechargeable li-ion cells though and water/aqueous solutions are the preferred way to fight li-ion fires. Their mass helps to quickly bring down the cell temperature to below the thermal runaway threshold, stopping the reaction.

Lithium-metal (typically non-rechargeable) cells do have metallic lithium in them though.

5 Likes

What BMS do you guys have here? Is something custom?

2 Likes

Do you have an etsy store?

1 Like

No?

disclaimer: just a photo. I didnā€™t make this.

Iā€™d bet there is a Onewheel XR in there somewhere.

4 Likes

Sweet pics :call_me_hand: get that red beard dude :sunglasses:

4 Likes

Yewwww :call_me_hand:t3: RB is the picture god, but Iā€™ve got a lot of work to put in to catch Brandon

1 Like

@jbshayward, an ESC and battery pack in each enclosure? Iā€™m too much of an esk8 noob to recognize the logo, who makes them?

2 Likes

Thats the unlimited x loaded race kit
10S with 2.5Ah/battery

1 Like

Great idea, terrible person to execute it

8 Likes

Schoenfleisch means ā€œNice Meatā€

8 Likes

Lol. I love German lang :slight_smile:

3 Likes

The REAL chad

3 Likes

Thanks!
I love the integration. It means a closed system not adaptable for all but thereā€™s just something about a tight, small setup that appeals to me.

2 Likes

The hubs are not bad, probably the least worst hubs we have access to. Battery/BMS/ESC arenā€™t worth their weight in dirt.

1 Like

Ultra-wide screens, NZXT case, mechanical keyboard, badass esk8sā€¦bruh, I like your style. I have a similar setup. what are the specs on those panels?

3 Likes