šŸ–¼ Reply to ā€œPictures and nothing elseā€ thread_2020_summer

TBDDs on the 110s. 46mm clearance with deck top mounted. Will be adding 14mm riptide tunnel riser for a grand total of 60mm clearance :sweat_smile:

At least the enclosure will look pretty when its all scraped up :rofl:

6 Likes

:rofl:

2 Likes

Looks sweet :smiley: 46mm is bioboards clearance territory :rofl: 60mm will most likely be enough. Thanks for the quick answer. I am also building on a switchblade, tho I only have 90mm hub motors for now, I will upgrade them later :smiley:

2 Likes

Yep. Those

For sure. Just give them enough power. Mine run at 15A max per motor (esc limitation) I think it might be even less. The batteries is a 20/24A pack with possibly a discharge limit. Still happy with the power on hills with my fat ass

1 Like

I love how these are super expensive CNC trucks and the cheapest good quality mounts

5 Likes

I have a few belly draggers you learn to avoid speed bumps no biggy. Beats having a lunchbox between you feet, no offence Frankā€¦
images - 2020-10-11T124311.930

4 Likes

Secret is cross bracing and locktiteā€¦had less trouble with these than other mounts you just have to know their pitfalls thanks again @dickyho

3 Likes

The method I want to use is replace that pointed grub screw with a M5x20 screw that drives into a pocket through the clamp adapter and into the hanger so there is no change of it moving without all 4 bolts shearing off

But now that I have tried the BN precision hangers and mountā€™s I donā€™t think I will go back unless I am REALLY hurting for funds

2 Likes

Thats a stellar idea and one I am going to do now.

This baby is getting BN gear drive and trucks in a few weeksā€¦

Ideally you can get an M5 tap and use the threads of the mount as the start but that would be a lot of work and probably not worth it, just making sure there is some loctite between the screw and mount threads is probably sufficient

Inside bracing obviously put on after belt. Outside bracing is 2x 240mm M4 threaded rod covered with 2x blue anodized SS drinking straws.

1 Like

the holes arenā€™t aligned and I"m

tenor

3 Likes

Tell me about holes not lining up deeeeeeeeeexā€¦

9 Likes

I was talking about the motors :joy: :grin:

1 Like

beasts. fucking beasts.

4 Likes

Polish that turd potter.

2 Likes

Sandpaper/griptape
West System 650 epoxy
4 days cure time
Never move

1 Like

what deck is this? Looks like a skateshred bottlenose, which is an awesome deck.

1 Like

I honestly donā€™t know. Bought it on ebay three years ago as a generic blank deck unbranded. I do love the feel of it though even though itā€™s been the slowest of my builds. This unity has breathed new life into these meepo hubs though :ok_hand::grinning:

1 Like