šŸ–¼ Reply to ā€œPictures and nothing elseā€ thread_2020_summer

Sure doesnā€™t look pretty but if it works it works?

If itā€™s stupid and it works then it ainā€™t stupidā€¦

1 Like

damn, here I was hoping you got extra of those so I could get one as well

1 Like

I donā€™t know whatā€™s more impressive, the huge battery or the workmanship after that many tinnies!?

3 Likes

Canā€™t build sober, hands too shaky :rofl:

7 Likes

How does this work? That isnā€™t the esk8 remote is it?

It looks like a garage door key fob lmao

1 Like

@PixelatedPolyeurthan @ShutterShock I believe itā€™s a simple screw in circuit with four relay outputs and a fob remote to control them. I have one somewhere in my stuff

3 Likes

Nice haha Iā€™ve got mine on my Maytech v2 now but thatā€™s good for other remotes

1 Like

Nope, itā€™s a separate remote, but I will try to integrate it into the esk8 remote at some point, this is the one I bought
ISK 436 60%OFF | GERMA Universal Wireless Remote Control Switch DC 12V 4CH relay Receiver Module With 4 channel RF Remote 433 Mhz Transmitter

3 Likes

That reminds me that I might need one soonā€¦changing to a Bruce remote on my monster. So gonna need light control. I think Iā€™ll try to make a small portable case with the head light screwed to the top and a similar circuit inside with a car booster powerbank

LOL. opened the link to see ā€œbuy again?ā€ pop up :rofl:
Guess thatā€™s exactly the one I have

Thatā€™s really really cool, thanks!

Wait, do you actually power on from the remote ?

1 Like

Yeah it has a built in switch relay.

Please share your wiring @ShutterShock

3 Likes

I also power on from my remote, but I use an external relay.

Edit: nvm, should read words on pictures more often

1 Like

Yep it does, and after I blew up my first receiver, now I know how to NOT wire it.

@Venom121212 Iā€™ll write a post in my build thread about it tonight hopefully, I have it working properly now but I was waiting because my first headlight bracket failed. Iā€™m using the relay on the receiver though like Plurf was asking

Triple press to turn on, triple press to turn off. Interestingly there is also a transistor switch but that isnā€™t strong enough for my use

2 Likes

Is it also a matter of using a series of clicks of a button?

Yes it is, four clicks will turn it on and off if I recall correctly. Thereā€™s only one button on this remote as itā€™s meant to be waterproof

Hmmm I donā€™t like the idea of triggering something wile ridding, where is the button positioned ?