šŸ–¼ Reply to ā€œPictures and nothing elseā€ thread_2020_summer

Very nice build, man

1 Like

Where did you get the lights? do you have a link?

@GJF1
Itā€™s el paper/tape if youā€™re talking about the underglow

1 Like

Lol, yeah the Vicious clear grip wasnā€™t as ā€˜clearā€™ as Iā€™d hoped. I do like the contrast though, and hex patches are ubiquitous, so could go to black in the future, but ā€˜whiteā€™ has grown on me

The headlights

@b264?

1 Like

not looking so hot

1 Like

Ah, one of my older ones. Tried to get the connector off by reflowing to no success. Itā€™s stuck good. Cut it off but it was solid. Today they look better :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Iā€™m more worried about the cold solder junction than the massive burn hole :rofl:

3 Likes

Yah I kinda mangled it. Sure was stuck good but always room for improvement.

Whaddya think of these Brian? These are my current ā€œstandardā€ (honestly hard to get a good pic)

Nowadays I can flow it into the connector and it saturates.

5 Likes

Much much better :smiley:

2 Likes

w0w this went pear-shaped

4 Likes

I was going to askā€¦ man thatā€™s some crazy risersā€¦ Iā€™m in the process of going almost the same routeā€¦ 12s4p P42As on a 4x4 direct-drive board but fackā€¦ not ifā€™n I haveta put 35mm of risers on herā€¦

I havenā€™t even looked at the trucks seriously but It did cross my mindā€¦

:exploding_head: :open_mouth: :flushed:

I tried it with 1" risers but I was still scraping coming on and off of rounded sidewalks. Tightened down, the extra thick gasket eliminated another 1/4" to 1/3" of ground clearance. You can use adjustable base plates to get rid of the need for some of the riser. If you are going to run 110s on the Century 40 you want to use the thin gasket that comes with the enclosure.

2 Likes

I wanna run this bitch 15mm off the deckā€¦ 12s4p 4wd I have a 35 deg. baseplate for the rearā€¦Iā€™ve contemplated cutting out the nosed and making the front drop thruā€¦ adj. baseplates are so 2018ā€¦

1 Like

but thanksā€¦ if I have to put so much riser onā€¦ Iā€™ll do soething elseā€¦ thanks ffor your input brother

2 Likes

I am positive that I will be able to reduce the riser size as my DIY skills progress. After pushing around analog on the 110s and the Century I really appreciate that super low to the ground feeling.

2 Likes

fucking low to the ground boards, they just instill confidenceā€¦ I love how low slung boards feelā€¦ Iā€™ll be watching your science brother

2 Likes

I want to ride a 1.5ā€ drop board on pnuematics :eyes: Even Loooower to the ground

1 Like

An inch of ride height gets you pretty lowā€¦

Not thatā€™d Iā€™d have any idea of belly slapping lowā€¦

:eye: :crazy_face: :crazy_face:

2 Likes