šŸ–¼ Reply to ā€œPictures and nothing elseā€ thread_2020_summer

polar bear looks like heā€™s lining up to do some fat rails, i love it.

10 Likes

This is my favorite flux board so far, I love the color combo. The blue wheels are a super nice color too, I donā€™t think Iā€™ve seen that shade before

@Accrobrandon are they sunmate tires?

1 Like

Thx I think its the best flux too! Lolā€¦

Yeah thats the blueā€¦maybe a hair saturated in one picā€¦ but gloroius blue when freshā€¦so fawkn sexy! I got some reds coming as well in the next orderā€¦ Superman flux board lol

1 Like

Gear up and bring a cam :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:

@nomadic_myke Single stack enclosure or double stack?

@Kolpek Potential preview of the riser situation you might be looking at ^^^

1 Like

It is one of Alanā€™s @eboosted single stack enclosures from the Century 40 group buy. I think a double stack is in the works: Eboosted Enclosure - Subsonic Century 40 21700 DS - Group Buy/Gauging interest
but that would probably scrape like crazy on thane.

I was stubborn and wanted 12S4P of P42A cells in 21700 NESE enclosures because I wasnā€™t ready to learn to weld cells. I ended up using 1" x 3/4" weatherstripping as a gasket to gain the extra space I needed for the battery: https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B07RXWQ2T7/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_search_asin_title?ie=UTF8&psc=1

The risers are 35mm thick and are sold for mountain boards: https://www.ebay.com/itm/1-Set-Skateboard-Longboard-Riser-Pad-1-3-8-Black-2PCS-Plastic/362596259571?ssPageName=STRK%3AMEBIDX%3AIT&_trksid=p2057872.m2749.l2649

I really like the way this board rides. NOTHING rattles, it has a subtle spring to it and and the foot pockets are sweet.

4 Likes

Very nice build, man

1 Like

Where did you get the lights? do you have a link?

@GJF1
Itā€™s el paper/tape if youā€™re talking about the underglow

1 Like

Lol, yeah the Vicious clear grip wasnā€™t as ā€˜clearā€™ as Iā€™d hoped. I do like the contrast though, and hex patches are ubiquitous, so could go to black in the future, but ā€˜whiteā€™ has grown on me

The headlights

@b264?

1 Like

not looking so hot

1 Like

Ah, one of my older ones. Tried to get the connector off by reflowing to no success. Itā€™s stuck good. Cut it off but it was solid. Today they look better :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Iā€™m more worried about the cold solder junction than the massive burn hole :rofl:

3 Likes

Yah I kinda mangled it. Sure was stuck good but always room for improvement.

Whaddya think of these Brian? These are my current ā€œstandardā€ (honestly hard to get a good pic)

Nowadays I can flow it into the connector and it saturates.

5 Likes

Much much better :smiley:

2 Likes

w0w this went pear-shaped

4 Likes

I was going to askā€¦ man thatā€™s some crazy risersā€¦ Iā€™m in the process of going almost the same routeā€¦ 12s4p P42As on a 4x4 direct-drive board but fackā€¦ not ifā€™n I haveta put 35mm of risers on herā€¦

I havenā€™t even looked at the trucks seriously but It did cross my mindā€¦

:exploding_head: :open_mouth: :flushed:

I tried it with 1" risers but I was still scraping coming on and off of rounded sidewalks. Tightened down, the extra thick gasket eliminated another 1/4" to 1/3" of ground clearance. You can use adjustable base plates to get rid of the need for some of the riser. If you are going to run 110s on the Century 40 you want to use the thin gasket that comes with the enclosure.

2 Likes