šŸ–¼ Reply to ā€œPictures and nothing elseā€ thread_2020_summer

Dude, gorgeous work on that deck.

6 Likes

Oh baby :heart_eyes:

2 Likes

Sooooon bro! Painting and clearcoat tomorrow. Gonna do it at work. Donā€™t tell my boss.

4 Likes

Thanks man! First board/build - a definite learning experience, but love the result!

The silver part (3M gloss flip psychedelic) looks amazing outside in the sun - those indoor pics donā€™t do it justice

1 Like

I love that glossy iridescent jazz. Thatā€™s class.

I see where youā€™re going with that grip but it looks to me a bit too :face_with_head_bandage:

2 Likes

polar bear looks like heā€™s lining up to do some fat rails, i love it.

10 Likes

This is my favorite flux board so far, I love the color combo. The blue wheels are a super nice color too, I donā€™t think Iā€™ve seen that shade before

@Accrobrandon are they sunmate tires?

1 Like

Thx I think its the best flux too! Lolā€¦

Yeah thats the blueā€¦maybe a hair saturated in one picā€¦ but gloroius blue when freshā€¦so fawkn sexy! I got some reds coming as well in the next orderā€¦ Superman flux board lol

1 Like

Gear up and bring a cam :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:

@nomadic_myke Single stack enclosure or double stack?

@Kolpek Potential preview of the riser situation you might be looking at ^^^

1 Like

It is one of Alanā€™s @eboosted single stack enclosures from the Century 40 group buy. I think a double stack is in the works: Eboosted Enclosure - Subsonic Century 40 21700 DS - Group Buy/Gauging interest
but that would probably scrape like crazy on thane.

I was stubborn and wanted 12S4P of P42A cells in 21700 NESE enclosures because I wasnā€™t ready to learn to weld cells. I ended up using 1" x 3/4" weatherstripping as a gasket to gain the extra space I needed for the battery: https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B07RXWQ2T7/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_search_asin_title?ie=UTF8&psc=1

The risers are 35mm thick and are sold for mountain boards: https://www.ebay.com/itm/1-Set-Skateboard-Longboard-Riser-Pad-1-3-8-Black-2PCS-Plastic/362596259571?ssPageName=STRK%3AMEBIDX%3AIT&_trksid=p2057872.m2749.l2649

I really like the way this board rides. NOTHING rattles, it has a subtle spring to it and and the foot pockets are sweet.

4 Likes

Very nice build, man

1 Like

Where did you get the lights? do you have a link?

@GJF1
Itā€™s el paper/tape if youā€™re talking about the underglow

1 Like

Lol, yeah the Vicious clear grip wasnā€™t as ā€˜clearā€™ as Iā€™d hoped. I do like the contrast though, and hex patches are ubiquitous, so could go to black in the future, but ā€˜whiteā€™ has grown on me

The headlights

@b264?

1 Like

not looking so hot

1 Like

Ah, one of my older ones. Tried to get the connector off by reflowing to no success. Itā€™s stuck good. Cut it off but it was solid. Today they look better :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Iā€™m more worried about the cold solder junction than the massive burn hole :rofl:

3 Likes