šŸ–¼ Reply to ā€œPictures and nothing elseā€ thread_2020_summer

Now back to the bench to repair what you broke for the photo shoot.

Which module did you use to get the Remote Signal to activate the lights (relays) ?
Is there something that already exists or did you use something like a car remote ?

Cheers

@glyphiks
How did you get that cool looking flat red color is it just resin or did you add something thanks :call_me_hand:

1 Like

Its just resin with pigment added. And multiple layers of fibreglass and clear resin on top.

1 Like

@DerelictRobot

3 Likes

This board is awesome, dood.

4 Likes

Yes, two actually, one LM2596HVS that can take the full voltage and another LM2596 that can do constant current to drive leds

Will give a try to some caps

Charge only, FlexiBMS ftw

I have the channel 1 one the GT2b connected to an Arduino Nano, and it reads the channel and controls the light, the DC/DC converter Iā€™m using has an on off pin that can be used to turn it on or off without relays or additional transistors

4 Likes

Itā€™s the PWM reading, it should be stable 1875 ms, but as soon there is current on the motor it goes all over the place, but should be easy to solve

1 Like

That would almost include, a knockoff gorilla pod, a pixel 2, a 50mm lens mount adapter and my spine, no reward without risk yolo.

1 Like

I didnā€™t. I wish I could. Europe Iā€™m afraid ($$). For now a dreamā€¦ Ā£170 each :grimacing: (but they are one of the best build in the market @NoWind uses them)

https://www.airtekhobbies.com/d6372200.html

1 Like

WoW da price has raised totally ā€¦ bought my last ones for 110ā‚¬ PCS

BTW its not the really same motor, Horizon hobbies DYMOND is discontinued

4 Likes

Yeah, I noticed. These are Multiplex.

Some context for

Have been using custom remote for a long time itā€™s great can be idle for like 40hrs and I didnā€™t even optimize for power consumption but there was no clear indicator it was on from the outside so I just added this led so itā€™s very clear and a secondary light in my hand which canā€™t hurt (also makes it look a bit less like a gun?)

1 Like

itā€™s a radio wave gun.

I need to see you hold this haha

1 Like

Can see it in hand here I should probably just print the top cover out of something bright too, to avoid confusion :joy:

It works just like a gt2b except I grip the trigger with two fingers so can brake by pulling up with top finger or accelerate pulling down with both, uses a linear hall sensor now and magnet in the trigger to detect position (also :man_facepalming: I had a screw stuck to that magnet on the trigger I didnā€™t notice).

Could move this hole for the light down further too was just an after thought drilled the hole to see if arduino was on in there initially.

1 Like

Could you detail your process a little bit here? Iā€™m gonna have to go through this with ~140 cells so any help is appreciated.

Did you have any cells that arrived below 2.9v? Were you able to recover any?

2 Likes

Beautiful builds
@BigBen what trucks and mounts did you use on these builds thanksšŸ¤™

Any idea now on delivery times for the hellcat wides?

1 Like

These were Surfrodz with old psychotiller mounts.
Since changed to some newer prototype trucks.

2 Likes

Dunno! Last I heard from Ernesto they were expected mid June.

Shipping is still kinda fucked right now

2 Likes