šŸ–¼ Reply to ā€œPictures and nothing elseā€ thread_2020_summer

Considering these are all bergmeister tubes and their price per piece you could have invested in better wheels by now and come out with less money spent. :smiley:

The tubesā€¦ Friend could also flex with a lot of them punctured and patched, and punctured again. :smiley:

1 Like

Thanks, maybe next batch Ill make some other colours will let you know.

1 Like

Yes another victim of covid will be cash, it is good to see older generation using their phones to pay. But we shouldnā€™t make it compulsory. Even at the weekend farmers market I went to all of the vendors were doing contactless payment. No 3% thatā€™s just rude. Some have a minimum purchase. I donā€™t carry a wallet for over a year now. Just my phone and keep my licence in my car. But the idea of a cashless world makes me sad.

3 Likes

What is up from Bergā€™s in a small pneumatic. I thought they were the ducks nuts.
8f0

1 Like

Phew :sweat_smile: I can finally go to sleep now

2 Likes

I wonder if you can bolt the boardnamics mounts plate on to the TB clamp.

Maybe worth a try

I did poke holes in all those tubes I sold youā€¦:kissing_heart:

I got most of them from someone who quit bergs. Kinda see why nowā€¦

1 Like

Well there all gone now! I have about 1 or 2 left. Ive been ridinf my tb110ā€™s and no flats!

On the real though. My 8 inch wheels have had ZERO issues. May buy more mbs hubs soon

1 Like

Why arenā€™t you repairing the tubes? I was serious about buying them. @Bobby

2 Likes

I have a bunch of slime but it always seems to go flat when i reach speed. Maybe im not adding enough slime? I was going to do a bit of research and try salvaging them.

I really love berg wheels when they arenā€™t flatā€¦ i just donā€™t think i shoukd be getting so many flats with two different setups on all different tires.

1 Like

What type of flats/punctures are you seeing Bobbyā€¦ Splits in the tubes? Holes like nail holes? Wear marks?

1 Like

Or maybe the dreaded snakebite of the old days.

3 Likes

Never forgetā€¦

5 Likes

There is a 3% charge because all the vendorsā€™ prices will go up as they are hit for more and more card fees. Itā€™s 2020, taxes arenā€™t usually paid by the consumer anymore, theyā€™re paid by merchants, who then simply raise their prices.

Saying there isnā€™t a fee is crazy, the merchants are definitely paying those fees, and they will raise their prices to compensate for it, which you will pay. The more folks who use cash, the less they pay, and the smaller the pressure for them to raise prices now.

Iā€™m in no way saying I donā€™t like contactless payment.

I just would prefer competition so the consumer could choose the lowest cost one that works for them. When the fees are paid by the retailer, competition goes away, and it just becomes a hidden tax on society, causing to be more expensive to be in business. And that tax isnā€™t funding education or police via government oversight, itā€™s being shuffled away to some huge corporation somewhere to disappear.

4 Likes

Splits, little holes and two had the valve stem torn. Definitely not Punctures. More like little rips

2 Likes

This is pretty out there, but did you try inspecting your tires themselves for any anomalies? On the inside where they rub against the tube

Im ordering new mounts from @IDEA. But i will definitely look at those too so i have a second set.

1 Like

Woops. @ShutterShock @Flasher THE ABSOLUTE NOOBIST

I totally thought we were in reply to photos thread lmao. Ummm, anywhay, where were we??

So which oneā€™s a bad idea?? :upside_down_face:

1 Like

HAHAHa

I read it like three times and Iā€™m likeā€¦ Wait what thread is thisā€¦ Wait really?

2 Likes