šŸ–¼ Reply to ā€œPictures and nothing elseā€ thread_2020_summer

Shh, itā€™s a surprise.

2 Likes

Oh OK, Iā€™ll keep it for myself :wink:

1 Like

You have huge import taxes? I always see you doing loads of work on parts that really could be just replaced?

1 Like

That is one of putting it lol

High taxes (60+%) over goodies and shipping cost (makes no sense) and a crap exchange rate that gets worse every day, so even things that are cheap and disposable for most get really expensive

3 Likes

Quote of the day :joy: lmao

1 Like

@Creavenger I wondered whether you were going to start selling those, guess I have my answer now! How do I buy one and whatā€™s the price?

2 Likes

Got something you want to say?

Itā€™s no NASA standard but I didnā€™t think it was that badā€¦

6 Likes

Heā€™s trying to help you perfect your iron holding technique

5 Likes

solid

burn!

3 Likes

More details coming in the next few days :grin:

3 Likes

I didnā€™t think it looked too bad :man_shrugging:

Helpful tips guys, thanks for the feedback.

7 Likes

Looks good bro, could be he wasnā€™t posting this for you anyways. If he did who cares :man_shrugging:

2 Likes

Thank you my friend.

I just want to know if itā€™s bad or not for real though :sweat_smile:

1 Like

@Venom121212 That joint looks great to me. My old job consisted of soldering new boards into gamma scintillation detectors, and everything I touched went through an IPC inspector. Your joint would pass his inspection by a long shot.

5 Likes

Phew thank you man!

3 Likes

Looks great, man.

If it was mine, Iā€™d put some MG Chemicals #4223 on there, and before that dries, shrinkwrap it

maybe if there are any sharp points, file those flat first

looks awesome

4 Likes

I get it from amazon.

However, the old ones with the brush cap are like fifty times better than the new childproof brushless cap versions. I keep moving my old caps to the new bottles.

If I had to dirty and clean a tiny brush every time I used it, Iā€™d spend all day washing brushes. Fuck that. Plus, Iā€™d probably only use it on one fifth of the things I would have used it on, if I could apply some (start to finish) in a few seconds like with the brush caps.

Iā€™d recommend buying or making a brush cap, itā€™s worth it. Epoxy can make that easy

4 Likes

You would put that on your food if it was edible :crazy_face:

7 Likes

put some heatshrink on your alligator clips to keep them from digging into insulation and better grip, also make itā€™s safer if you stick a live PCB in them :yum:

5 Likes

that probably wonā€™t explode since it seems to have leaked already but if it does you just provided shrapnel for it to send flying :neutral_face:
Sand bucket, This is the way

3 Likes