šŸ–¼ Reply to ā€œPictures and nothing elseā€ thread_2020_summer

i

no deleteā€¦

uhhhhhhhHHhhhh

Igotta ā€¦

Itā€™d wanna be. It took a lot of beer and swear words to get to this point.

2 Likes

I will try more swearing next time I my although the language in my shed would make a pirate blushā€¦when Jr isnā€™t thereā€¦

2 Likes

That enclosure looks bloody amazing and Iā€™m glad as hell it was left in your capable hands!! I need to do it justice now :sweat_smile:

1 Like

Still got a minute left to go my man. Will keep you updated as it gets properly finished, attached to the deck, and then i gotta finish the deck :sweat_smile:

But i have well and truly broken itā€™s back. Its been a journey.

2 Likes

As a student working for his exams moved in august, I say fuck you and your happiness :kissing_heart:

3 Likes

I know your pain hahaha Cheers up man :kiss:

Iā€™ll send you vibes when swimming in few minutes :swimming_man:ā€ā™‚

1 Like

Best stickers in the game?

1 Like

:smiling_face_with_three_hearts:

This little art side-project has been a LOT of fun. The artist Iā€™m working with is crazy talented- they primarily do a lot of scifi concept/tabletop RPG artwork professionally & freelance. They continue to nail it though- have a couple more projects lined up.

Besides, nothin worse than skimpy stickers right?

6 Likes

What enclosure is that? Seems tailor made for your PCB.

3 Likes

Fits Kaly.NYC XL Deck & 2.0 Enclosure

4 Likes

Or, the PCB was tailor made for the enclosure.

200-2

I helped Ernesto with his own PCB. This is my spin on it. :wink:

3 Likes

I had that fleeting thought, but it was fleeting.

1 Like

Beautiful piece. I got a black light 420 tattoo years ago but it doesnā€™t glow anymore. Been meaning to get a redo. Hopefully they didnā€™t turn out cancerous.

3 Likes

Iā€™ve had those UV colors sitting around for a while. Decided to put them to use last night.
Also made a ā€œlove childā€ piece for someone on this forum

10 Likes

Oh fuck I didnā€™t know you blew glass. Thatā€™s way cooler. You ever throw your art in the are you artistic thread?

4 Likes

Naa. I try and keep a low profile. Been a blower for 22 years

8 Likes

@surfnacho Iā€™ve spotted some more orange wheels :heart_eyes:

3 Likes

Oogabooga :smile:

Lil dirty, but nevertheless HAWT

3 Likes

First observations (and learning steps) :

I badly designed the test stick so it altered the bonding on top surface. Also I forgot to switch 90Ā° angle per layer so thereā€™s that.
Carbon fiber effectively stiffens the TPU structure considerably but TPU retains itā€™s original softness under the skin. So in effect it compress easily and gets back into original shape.
With more than 3 layers per face it might become stiff enough but as is, 3 layers is a no go for rigid mechanical parts on TPU IMHO. Maybe at 5 it can get better. I believe difference with Nomex might be that epoxy hardens Nomex core while TPU doesnā€™t care for epoxy, it remains soft.

I need to test again!

3 Likes