šŸ–¼ Reply to ā€œPictures and nothing elseā€ thread_2020_summer

Laying carbon fiber sandwich over TPU 98A printed parts!

Note for future me : tiny 90Ā° straight bridges are fucking useless when working carbon fiber!

5 Likes

faaaaaak heā€™s not even dead yetā€¦

fucking vulturesā€¦

2 Likes

Sorry chief ainā€™t no mtbs here

2 Likes

Yo is that set up gonna belt skip?

science will tellā€¦
the pulley has teeth engagement of half of itā€™s diameter so Iā€™m not askeeredā€¦

Fuck dude youā€™re making me jealous!!

2 Likes

Donā€™t be. The amount of work I put into this shit is obscene. Just buy from @eBoosted or @BigBen and be happy that you never have to worry about the woes of making your own enclosures.

8 Likes

Never! I swear to god I /will/ make the 39ā€ Somablade with enclosure! I just need to finish the garage and source materials before I can do it

3 Likes

2yrs laterā€¦

4 Likes

400 days tops, youā€™ll see :grin:

4 Likes

that is honestly one sweet ass enclosure!

1 Like

Just checked. Is 270. Has to be the high temperature one. A good way to tight those long bolts and keep the correct alignment, is to install the motor with the long bolts totally loose. You slide the motor on the truck without the collar bolts. The you start screw the front big black nut on order to give the right compression to the motor can. You stop when the motor is fully seated and there is no later play, but the drag while spinning the motor by end is still smooth. From here you have the right compression and just apply green loctite on the long bolts and screw them in on a star fashion way. Let it dry one day.

3 Likes

Cool thanks for the info. Just got the 270 ordered. Looks like I bent my backplate pretty bad. Luckily I have the spares from my old drives

1 Like

Once well tighten I never had a single bolt loose so should be fine.

2 Likes

Bro fits like a glove your shit is tightā€¦

3 Likes

i

no deleteā€¦

uhhhhhhhHHhhhh

Igotta ā€¦

Itā€™d wanna be. It took a lot of beer and swear words to get to this point.

2 Likes

I will try more swearing next time I my although the language in my shed would make a pirate blushā€¦when Jr isnā€™t thereā€¦

2 Likes

That enclosure looks bloody amazing and Iā€™m glad as hell it was left in your capable hands!! I need to do it justice now :sweat_smile:

1 Like

Still got a minute left to go my man. Will keep you updated as it gets properly finished, attached to the deck, and then i gotta finish the deck :sweat_smile:

But i have well and truly broken itā€™s back. Its been a journey.

2 Likes